Position Summary:Join Fortune 7 CVS Health in our Internal Audit and Compliance Team as a Director of IT Audit and Analytics. The Director of IT Audit and Analytics will be engaged across all teams in Internal Audit and Compliance supporting these risk management functions for all of CVS Health with the goal of defining a IT Audit and data analytics strategy to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the functions. The Director will work closely with business partners at all levels in the organization to understand processes, risks, and controls and develop solutions to more effectively manage the risks.
We strive to be valuable business partners that provide meaningful insights and solutions. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit processes and leverage technology to ensure we are creative thinkers in providing value.
The IT Audit and Analytics Director will lead a team of approximately 15 IT audit professionals and be responsible for the following:
- Design and implement in collaboration with technology leaders, a dynamic risk assessment process which identifies the top technology risks and aligns internal audit resources appropriately.
- Develop and implement a data analytics strategy which is collaborative with the company’s central data team, and supports the vision of the internal audit department.
As Director your key initiatives will be:
1. Develop a strategy to execute an annual IT risk assessment process that demonstrates improvement year over year by engaging with Senior Management throughout the information technology organization to assess the organization’s compliance, operational, financial, strategic and emerging audit risks. Incorporate emerging risks into the risk profile including industry trends, GAAP, FASB pronouncements, and regulatory pronouncements.
2. Lead IT audit senior managers, managers and staff to execute the annual IT audit plan achieving both time and quality objectives. Develop good measurements to ensure budgets/timelines are met, while ensuring compliance with the department’s audit charter and standards set forth by the VP/Chief Audit Executive and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
3. Lead/support the company strategy for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by ensuring strong collaboration with external auditors in aligning on IT control framework, and concluding on quarterly test results in support of CEO and CFO sign-off for SEC filing.
4. Design and lead a data analytics strategy for Internal Audit which will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the risk management functions.
5. Develop and implement technology solutions for Internal Audit that enable continuous monitoring of critical risks. This includes achievement of strong assurance for compliance risks as well as monitoring of processes where fraud, waste, and abuse are common concerns.
6. Develop and implement technology solutions that enhance the existing control environment. This may include solutions that assist the first and second line of defense by enabling monitoring of risks and that support effective, automated controls.
7. On an ongoing basis, network with peers across the industry and Big 4 thought leaders on leading practices in internal audit. Lead and participate in strategic discussions periodically to define an innovative vision for the internal audit function, develop a project plan to achieve the vision and goals, and develop measurements to hold management and staff accountable. Continually identify and drive solutions for great efficiency and value in our audit and business processes.
8. Set a high standard of performance for the team by challenging, encouraging and motivating to maximize their potential to achieve individual and department objectives. Stretch the management team to ensure high engagement across the teams and develop period measurements to ensure actions have positive impact to the team. Periodically lead/participate in department wide talent review processes to ensure retention and development of key associates for possible succession into leadership roles. Provide leadership to company-wide programs to attract, retain and develop talent key in achieving overall Company initiatives and goals.
9. Develop relationships with key stakeholders, Senior Management, and the Audit Committee to maintain a strong working understanding of business objectives, key growth areas, strategic initiatives and integration of acquisitions. Present reports and other information to senior management and the Audit Committee to enable them to discharge their responsibilities and to be knowledgeable about the state of the company’s system of internal control and risk management processes. Develop recommendations for proactive assurance projects in collaboration with business leaders as appropriate.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional business experience required, including 5+ years in public accounting, internal audit or audit consulting.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrating an strong understanding of GAAP, SOX, COSO, IT audit concepts, and leading internal audit practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrating working knowledge of cyber security risks and frameworks (e.g. NIST); Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and risks; and other common IT frameworks (e.g. COBIT).
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced leadership/management experience with a proven track record of engaging, managing and motivating multi-level audit teams.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in designing and executing a data analytics strategy in a large, complex environment.
- PBM or healthcare experience
- Certifications preferred indicating knowledge of internal controls / internal audit concepts: CISA, CPA, CIA or similar
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/