POSITION SUMMARY :
The director is responsible for the overall effective operation of his/her department(s) to ensure organization goals and objectives are achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Administers and analyzes goals and objectives for work unit(s). Meets organizational goals. T akes proactive view and anticipates change and need for action.
2. Prepares departmental budget, projecting reasonable activity levels and expenses required to achieve approved net margin for work unit(s). Operates work unit(s) within approved budget.
3. Maintains compliance with current regulation/requirements of outside regulatory/accrediting agencies and assures that new requirements are identified on a timely basis and coordinates hospital compliance.
• Demonstrates understanding of Process Improvement. Promotes the systematic assessment and improvement of performance. Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided by using information available from customers (i.e., patients, staff, physicians, and employees), to improve outcomes.
4. Demonstrates high ethical standards in business practices. Actively supports organizational goals and changes as they occur. Communicates goals in positive, supportive manner.
5. Guides, directs, and plans the organization and coordination of the department activities in the areas of responsibility.
6. Demonstrates effectiveness in the following areas:
• Selecting employees.
• Developing staff and preparing employees for career advancement.
• Providing continuous employee assessment with timely written evaluations and demonstrates ability to motivate employees. Initiates progressive disciplinary action/termination when necessary.
• Keeps turnover at an acceptable level in order to meet hospital turnover goals.
7. Actively participates in Hospital and Departmental committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input regarding improving the quality of patient care services in the facility.
8. Conducts monthly department meetings to keep staff informed. Insures that there is a complete flow of information through the department.
9. Complies with Employee Health and Injury policy/protocol. Complies with all emergency codes, disaster protocols, infection control protocols, and safety protocols. Ensures staff attends required/mandatory in-services and that staff receives continuing education to remain current in their field.
10. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients and families served in relation to growth and development over the life span to identify their requirements relative to age-specific needs.
11. Actively supports, implements, and monitors national patient safety goals and standards.
12. Must adhere to the company's affirmative action and equal employment opportunity policy in regards to all employment decisions. All decisions regarding employment should be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
13. Employee's conduct must reflect the Company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
14. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and North Austin Medical Center .
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Required: Bachelor degree in area of expertise or equivalent experience. 3-5 years Healthcare Management experience required.
Preferred: Master's degree in area of expertise
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES :
Required: Texas RN license; BLS
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom