Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Director of Marketing is accountable for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics throughout the Roofing and Asphalt business in conjunction with the VP of marketing. Execution of marketing plans includes messaging, development of promotional plans, and participation in projects with focus on customer needs and the best value proposition for the Roofing and Asphalt business.
This position will partner within the business (commercial, business development, product development) and will coordinate marketing initiatives with the roofing and asphalt marketing, components, product management, contractor services and insulation marketing teams.Reports to
: VP of Marketing, Roofing and AsphaltSpan of Control
: Senior Leader in the marketing department and with the commercial teams. 4 Direct Reports and a team of 9 Products Supported
Components Primary Targets
Key MSAs Target End Users
- Develops and Executes Marketing Strategies (approximate time 45%)
- Understands business strategies to assist in the development and execution of marketing strategies. Achieves mutual business goals and develops partnerships with the businesses and field sales organization to build and solidify customer relationships.
- Works with their team to drive the marketing planning process and toolkit development for specific programs and campaigns, and coordinates implementation: production, internal rollout, external communications and distribution through relevant channels, including media, digital and social media channels.
- Oversees marketing deliverables including advertising, collateral, catalogs, brochures and website for designated business unit. Makes sure product features are promoted in the marketing campaign elements to help increase sales.
- Develops value propositions that are targeted to the appropriate market, channel or end user. Working with the members of the team the director of marketing is able to establish testable hypothesizes and the execution plans to disprove or support these positions. Value propositions development and rapid test and learn procedures allow the team to quickly create value and drive growth.
- Direct and work with their team to implement other key initiatives such as tradeshow/local events/association meetings; outreach program support; media/advertising/digital/social messaging, customer program coordination, and update basic sheets/designs
- Develops creative briefs for programs and publications working with external agencies.
- Implements activities and programs to increase engagement and brand awareness in contractors and home owners and increase the number of people that enter and successful purchase a roof as they pass through the purchase funnel.
- Creates and executes programs to increase contractor acquisition and retention in key MSAs. Working with the commercial teams to refine the model and actions required to sustainable gain share in one step distribution.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Coordinates and aligns strategies within the organization: (approximate time 30%)
- Coordinates and aligns digital marketing activities with the digital team. Ensuring that the priority list for activities is resourced and aligned with the overall marketing priorities and the business strategy.
- Aligns, coordinates and works on the prioritization of science and technology programs, analytics, tradeshow and other critical marketing functions to ensure that the roofing and asphalt strategy is being delivered and represented.
- Implements and works with outside agencies and internal resources to deliver messages and content by social, digital and traditional means. Facilitating measurement and refinement of activities and messages to drive response and action.
- Develops and Understands Customer Data : (approximate time 25%)
- Understands customer needs/wants, strong voice of customer knowledge and how they are addressed by the appropriate marketing tools. Has a strong working relationship with the business insights team, field sales organization and business partners to gather additional input on customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Marketing, Product Management or related field. MBA or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 10 - 15 years previous experience in marketing communications, product management, sales, or marketing
- Ability to travel up to 25%EXPERIENCE:
- A track record of developing a marketing strategy and developing programs that deliver quantifiable revenue growth and measurable return on investment
- Possess an understanding and have experience with online marketing, branding and project planning and management
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a complex matrix environment
- Working in matrix organizations with multiple distribution channels and influencers
- Executing business and marketing strategy for a sizeable business segment
- Experience working in Durables, CPG or building materials.
- Market segmentation and positioning
- Working with Home Centers, Big Box retail and with channel and trade marketing functions.
- Social Media strategy and implementation
- Developing and executing advertising campaigns
- Local marketingKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
About Owens Corning
- Highly motivated and results-oriented with a high energy level and passion for marketing
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to plan strategically
- Effectively brings thought leadership and diverse points of view together to formulate solutions that meet both business segment and group objectives
- Forward thinking leadership style, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, encourage teamwork and provide effective communication
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience in document preparation, proofing and editing including proposals.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritize a diverse workload
- Willingness and ability to operate "hands on" to get results
- Conducts business with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Analytical ability, able to determine insights form various disparate data sources.
- Articulate, approachable, and candid; shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others; aware of personal impact on others; expresses opinions without offending
- High business acumen and experience with measuring marketing ROI
- Shows can-do-attitude and be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.Leadership Capabilities:
- Think Strategically
- Acts on Analysis
- Generate Ideas
- Competitively Drive Results
- Collaborate and Foster Teamwork
- Follow Through on Commitments and Promises
- Inspire and Energize Others
- Engage Self and Others in Learning
- Leadership Presence
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.