Overview: ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts , stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com , and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter.
Description: The Director of Menu Innovation and Product Development leads a cross functional team responsible for leveraging consumer and culinary insights to drive innovative menu strategies. This position will engage, collaborate, and maintain a partnership with a wide range of Aramark's operating, marketing and functional staff.
The Director of Menu Innovation and Product Development will be responsible for leading the end to end development process for the enterprise retail menu, assigned menu categories and Aramark's retail brands, including the management and ongoing maintenance. This will be accomplished by always using the consumer lens of Quality, Health, Convenience and Value (Q, H, C, V). This leader prospers in a team-oriented environment where thought leadership, collaboration, innovation, relationship management, support, service and effective communication are critical to success.
- Ability to synthesize insights and translate data from multiple sources to drive strategic menu innovation for increased consumer satisfaction and margin.
- Leading multi-disciplined work team for development and maintenance of assigned menu categories and initiatives.
- Development of content for field training materials related to Menu Category Management, inclusive of initial costing/margin models, deployment playbooks/guides, culinary tools, and job aids.
- Effectively engage with team to share experiences, insight, and peer coaching. Work with AVP to effectively source and on-board new team members and execute key training, and development programs.
- Proactive thought leadership and collaboration with functional teams as a retail menu subject matter expert.
- Leverage and manage strategic, complementary, third-party relationships, i.e. manufacturers, consultants and institutions.
- Be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
This position will report directly to the Associate Vice President of Product Development. The position will also work closely with the Marketing COE, Culinary Development, Global Supply Chain and Procurement, and a broad range of other Aramark business and support personnel.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- A Bachelor's degree is required, with a Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of menu category development and operations experience, demonstrating a record of progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience working with a multi-unit retail brand organization, restaurant group or grocery chain with strong quality market position. Additional consulting firm or finance related experience would be a plus.
- New innovative products experience, i.e. new brand creation, major line extensions, brand upgrades
- A food and beverage professional with multi-dimensional capability: strategy, development, operations, marketing and communications
- A demonstrated track record of managing with collaboration that enables business decisions to be made with consideration of ROI, consumer satisfaction and engagement
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in range of formats
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a transformational, dynamic environment. Possesses courage and conviction and the ability to effectively work in an evolving organization. Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively cope with change.
- A results-oriented individual who takes initiative, makes things happen and has a "can do" attitude
- An organized self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office platforms
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.