Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Job Description Summary
Looking to join a world-class team where your designs are seen and used by the entire world? Visa is changing how people are using and interfacing with payments within the gaming industry and we're looking for a qualified Mobile Design leader to lead and grow the mobile design team to help us shape the future of our mobile apps. You'll have a blast creating fun and engaging user experiences, as well as have plenty of ideas about how to deliver these experiences based on your strong skills in inspiring both visual design and interaction design.
We are looking for a Director of Mobile Design to help revolutionize the way people experience mobile commerce app. You will be responsible for designing rich and intuitive user experience / user interfaces for our game changing customizable, global mobile products. This will include mobile applications, internationalization and accessibility for our existing platform, payments, and mobile environments. The designs should satisfy simplicity, ease-of-use and a rich user experience. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will work closely and collaborate with the UX team, Product, Development, QA and Developers to create and build the ideal experience our card holders need. This position requires you to be self-motivated. We're a team that jumps in with both feet and does what needs to be done.
The candidate must be a strategic, independent, self-motivated creative leader, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment. This is a management role which requires leading from the front which means you will be expected to role your sleeves up at times. This requires a designer who can solve complex visual and interaction design challenges. The candidate must also have an extremely developed sense of design and impeccable attention to detail.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
- Hire, Manage and Mentor the mobile design team.
- Collaborate with product owners to develop and realize a vision for next generation of mobile products.
- Facilitate brainstorming workshops based on Human Centered Design process with Product, Development and other designers to come up with new ideas for the product.
- Based on user and usage data collaborate with product owners to prioritize requirements for releases.
- Take ideas and concepts, and translate them into world class designs for IOS and Android mobile products that effectively meet the needs of internal leaders, partners and most of all the customers
- Take ownership and lead design development throughout the entire lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables. This includes continuous QA during development to ensure the product is aligned with the design specifications.
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
- Manage resource allocation to develop visual design prototypes ranging from comps to interactive mock-ups
- Work closely with prototypers and researchers to plan and execute various user testing activities.
- Communicate and present design strategy/rationale effectively to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UX, fellow visual designers, researchers, product managers) to establish a process to create compelling visual designs of interactive experiences
- Work closely with engineering and product management to deliver the final product
- Deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
- Spark fresh ideas that are infused in our culture and our products
- Ability to travel to Austin to manage the team - 25% travel required
- 3+ years leading or managing people
- 8+ years in mobile design
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of multiple innovative Mobile interface design solutions for IOS and Android. Preferably in payment space.
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand identity management, digital marketing and the creative process
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Excellent visual design skills; attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, color and
- Experience and understanding of product management and the agile process
- Expert-level proficiency with design tools in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision.
- Be able to stand by your designs and provide solid rationale to back up your decision.
- In-depth familiarity with the latest trends in Mobile app user experience.
- Ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent.
- Demonstrate knowledge in designing for a global mobile product across multiple platforms.
- Operational understanding of Accessibility and ability to incorporate accessibility into the Mobile designs.
- Relevant B.S./B.A degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.