Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Director of Network Automation
Looking for a seasoned network-savvy software development leader with hands-on experience working in large network environments and driving automation across a variety of platforms and technologies. Must have a passion for programming the network and developing a cohesive and sustainable network automation framework to support its evolution!
- Lead development of a comprehensive network automation framework and roadmap for a network scope including routing, switching, voice, wireless, security, DNS, and load balancing platforms and technologies.
- Ownership of a suite of tools providing network management and visibility as well as development of scalable on-prem or cloud-based programmatic solutions for managing a broad network environment.
- Track emerging technologies and drive adoption based on business or technical drivers. Lead evaluation and deployment of appropriate industry, vendor, open-source and/or in-house software solutions for advancing network monitoring and visibility, automation, orchestration, and SDN implementation.
- Work closely with operations, engineering, and other stakeholders to identify problem areas and lead implementation of programmatic solutions to address.
- Enable a standardized networking environment through inventory management, templating, provisioning, auditing/reporting, and resolving discrepancies through automated means.
- Integrate or develop tools for comprehensive network monitoring and visibility including dashboards and other visualization to represent real-time network state and health.
- Identify and implement tools for rapid and automated failure resolution.
- Work with stakeholders to define necessary network software controls and visibility.
- Proactively seek solutions to improve processes, network visibility, and customer/usability experience. Implement coding, deployment, and change management best practices
- Engage widely across the company, collaborate and influence across teams demonstrating excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills.
- Efficiently prioritize and execute on initiatives in a methodical and timely manner, taking appropriate accountability and ownership as well as effectively setting and managing expectations across teams and stakeholders.
- Coach, develop and mentor a team of systems engineers and software developers. Attract and foster the growth of talented developers and engineers.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in software development and systems administration in LINUX/UNIX environment.
- At least 6 years’ management experience including leading a team of 8-10 engineers.
- At least 5 years’ experience with the following:
- HTTP, SSL, SOAP/XML-RPC/REST/Web Services, JSON, SQL, modern and classic databases.
- Application and systems security and compliance.
- At least 4 years’ experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP and Ethernet networks including campus and datacenter implementations.
- At least 4 years’ familiarity with a variety of infrastructure relevant tools/products such as Splunk, Riverbed, Netcool, SolarWinds, NetScout, HP NNmi/NA, Infoblox, Tufin, Arbor, Route Explorer, Cisco MATE/WAE, logstash, ServiceNow, etc.
- At least 4 years’ experience with gathering large amounts of distributed data from network devices (via SNMP, syslog, XML, NetFlow, API) and solving network problems with intelligent automation.
- At least 2 years’ experience with deployment and configuration management mechanisms (example Ansible, Chef, Puppet, NETCONF)
- At least 4 years’ experience leading teams following Agile methodologies using JIRA or Version One
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 2 years’ experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure) implementations and connectivity.
- 1 year of experience with building implementation or frameworks leveraging SDN and NFV.
- CCNP certification
- CCIE certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.