Director of Network Services Engineering
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious technology professionals with deep technical expertise in networking to join our team! This is an opportunity to lead high performance teams, and drive the transformation of a large and evolving network infrastructure environment.
• Lead timely development and implementation of centralized network solutions encompassing proxy, security, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, and load balancing technologies for a distributed environment consisting of data centers, public cloud environments, and edge networks (e.g. offices, contact centers, branches).
• Drive strategic platform direction in alignment with business drivers and industry best practices, leveraging appropriate solutions for advancing network resiliency, capabilities, security, and software-defined self-service and programmatic management.
• Collaborate with Architecture teams on evaluating emerging technologies and developing network standards for internal and public cloud hosted services as well as third party access and control to Capital One systems.
• Work closely with operations, engineering teams, and other stakeholders to identify problem areas and lead the design and deployment of scalable and resilient solutions. Proactively seek solutions to improve standards, processes, network visibility, and services.
• Maintain a highly available and secure network environment – own and lead efforts with internal and external entities to ensure network availability, stability, and security.
• Engage widely across the company, collaborate and influence across teams demonstrating excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills. Must be able to represent the team well and evangelize the technology and best practices.
• Efficiently prioritize and execute on roadmap initiatives following Agile methodologies in a methodical and timely manner, taking appropriate accountability and ownership, as well as effectively setting and managing expectations across teams and stakeholders.
• Manage budgeting, maintenance and purchasing decisions.
• Handle all personnel management responsibilities. Coach and develop people managers and platform engineers; attract and foster new talent.
• Bachelor's degree or Military experience
• At least 10 years’ experience in network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large geographically distributed IP and Ethernet networks including campus and datacenter implementations.
• At least 6 years’ technical management experience including leading a geographically distributed technical team.
• At least 2 years’ experience with DNS & DHCP systems and IPAM solutions.
• At least 2 years’ experience with load balancer platforms, technologies, and implementations.
• At least 2 years’ experience with application infrastructure, proxy solutions, and Unix system administration.
• At least 2 years’ experience with network security platforms and implementations including understanding of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection measures that can be implemented on network security devices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.