Pearland Medical Center - Pearland, Texas Director (RN) - Intensive Care (ICU) and Medical Services
As a vital member of the HCA Healthcare System, Pearland Medical Center shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals across the United States and England, including The Woman's Hospital of Texas and Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.
Pearland Medical Center specialties:
Pearland Medical Center
- Our Women's Diagnostic Imaging Center offers the most comprehensive care in the Pearland area, using the very latest in imaging. Our 3D mammography is the first of its kind in the area. It offers the most accurate imaging of any technology ever developed to detect breast cancer early.
- Pearland Medical Center's Cardiovascular Services will feature a cross-functional team of cardiologists, including the first stenting services offered in Pearland.
- Our Imaging Center will offer everything from X-rays to CT scans and more. Plus, we have experienced radiologists to analyze every detail, ensuring you have the absolute most accurate diagnoses.
- Our Outpatient Services have everything you need in one place: imaging, diagnosis and treatment.
- Surgery in Pearland from world-class surgeons? Of course. General surgery, spine, GYN, urology and much, much more.
is currently accepting applications for Director (RN) - Intensive Care (ICU) and Medical Services.
The Director of Intensive Care and Medical Services is responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning of the Director of Intensive Care and Medical Services units while ensuring overall quality of patient care provided by the department.
The Director of Intensive Care and Medical Services will direct the activities of the department to include all quality and operational benchmarking, implementation of risk management initiatives, and infection control goals. The Director will make decisions regarding activities in the Intensive Care and Medical Services units based on Administrative Operational Standards and Unit Standards in collaboration with the Medical Director of Intensive Care and Medical Services, the Chief Nursing Officer, and divisional leaders. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the Intensive Care Unit and the Medical Nursing Department, including responsibility and accountability for other staff in the department providing care to patients and families.
- Responsible for establishment of departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-conscious, patient care while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of Pearland Medical Center and the Department Performance Improvement into the ongoing operation of the department.
- Assures adherence to all applicable federal, state, and all other regulatory standards as well as the HCA Code of Conduct.
- Ensures and assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures that support and guide the provision of services in the department.
- Determines the appropriate number of staff and assumes 24/7 responsibility for patient care activities, adjusting staffing as required. Ensures that the competence of administrative and clinical staff is assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Functions as a clinical resource for staff with the ability to train and educate clinical staff and to step-in and assist staff with patient care when necessary
- In collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer, participates in budget formulation for the department and assumes responsibility for adherence to approved budgets.
- Actively participates in appropriate Departmental and Hospital Committees, assuring personnel are involved in the process as needed.
- Coordinates and implements educational programs based on assessment of need for staff development and training to enhance professional growth of personnel.
- In collaboration with the Infection Control Nurse, participates and maintains compliance with hospital infection control programs.
- Defines and implements ongoing performance improvement activities for the department which are interdisciplinary and involve all levels of personnel as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring core measures for applicable patients are identified and protocols followed.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program required, Master's Degree preferred
- BLS and ACLS certification required
- Five (5) years Intensive Care Unit leadership/managment experience required with experience in a community hospital setting preferred
- Capable of gaining immediate credibility with staff through ability, experience and understanding of the programs and processes in the Intensive Care Unit and the Medical Nursing Department.
- Analytical skills, including working knowledge of basic statistics used to d etermine benchmarking in the department.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom