Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Director of Operations based in Charlotte, NC! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward? As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Director of Operations for collaboratively managing all production operations and related safety performance for the regional company. This position will focus on greater development of plant efficiencies, completion of C7 initiatives, new plant construction and long term strategic planning for production infrastructure and personnel. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Establish and consistently meet or exceed quality and delivery standards for products and services for internal and external customers.
- Manage all operations personnel in accordance with company policies by motivating, planning and directing work, managing performance and resolving associate issues so that assigned performance and financial targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop operations and capital expenditure budget and coordinates capital expenditures once proper approvals have been received.
- Works with the safety director to coordinate the procedures required for compliance with Airgas, OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, regulations.
- Monitors open order books, production orders and schedules to obtain product data such as types, quantities, specifications of products, and scheduled delivery dates in order to meet customer's needs. Works closely with Plant Managers when trends warrant discussion.
- Monitors monthly P&L's in order to identify and correct unfavorable trends.
- Resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and minimum delays.
- Develops, implements and revises, as needed, standard operational practices.
- Works with the Human Resources Manager to resolve any personnel issues.
- Actively participates in end of month close activities with CFO, VP Finance & Admin, and Inventory Manager.
- Works closely with plant managers to develop subordinate managers.
- Manages and directs the activities of support staff.
- Works closely with regions in regard to resolving issues, assisting with technical support and customer visits.
- Performs other duties assigned by up line management.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Engineering, Chemistry, Operations Management or related field preferred. Master's in Business Administration a plus.
- 8 years experience in the distribution/manufacturing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a production environment in a chemical, gas or related industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership/management experience, preferably in the capacity of VP of Operations.
- Must have the following knowledge and experience: FDA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, and state regulations cylinder markings, test dates, pressure ratings, ICC markings, placarding, hazardous material classifications, accident reporting, and safety and compliance.
- Must have a proven track record of motivating and leading individuals and groups.
- E xperience in working in a union and nonunion environment
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.