McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Current NeedPosition Description
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Ruther Glen Distribution Center (DC) is looking for a Director of Operations to manage a large pharmaceutical distribution center with annual sales of $6 Billion and an employee base of 250+ team members. This Director of Operations will lead one of the premiere DC's in a high growth environment effectively managing multi-million dollar budgets in a matrix environment. This will be accomplished through leadership and support of internal operating standards that drive efficiency, employee satisfaction, regulatory compliance and the desired return.
Additionally, the Director of Operations is responsible for the operational activities of a variety of functional departments, within the distribution center. Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives, and confers with managers/ supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
May be responsible for one or more of the following activities related to the receiving, storing, and/ or shipping of materials or finished goods or other:
- Will be responsible for ensuring materials are received from proper vendors, delivered to inventory and finished goods, are available to meet production schedules, packaged according to specification and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensures the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control.
- May evaluate current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives and develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budgets.
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Financial and business acumen to include knowledge of key financial statements drivers and levers.
- Develops, implements and maintains an effective regional strategy by taking knowledgeable risk, knows re-engineer processes that support the customer and cost structure and drives quality processes that lead to continuous improvements.
- Demonstrates extremely high sense of urgency, personal energy, and stamina. Capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time demands. High level of personal integrity.
- Experience working in an automated distribution environment
- Experience driving employee engagement and talent development
- Demonstrated ability to lead work environments that embrace the principles of positive employee relations.
EducationBenefits & Company Statement
4-year degree or equivalent experience. An advance degree (e.g., MBA or Masters) highly preferred.
General Office Demands
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.