Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Directly responsible for the success of the front desk and housekeeping departments of the property, while coordinating with all departments including Food & Beverage, tours and transportation, facilities and maintenance and Employee Activities. A hands-on, high energy approach is necessary to effectively maximize the guests' experience throughout their stay, and to engage with employees and the property. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the hotel while maintaining a forward looking perspective Integration of front desk, retail and housekeeping departments into a successful efficient operation
- Meet and exceed guest expectations by using leadership skills, customer service standards, and staff training to create an outstanding guest experience.
- Develop a quality team through successful planning and recruitment of employees
- Provide excellent guest services in line with guest service platform
- Responsible for training hourly associates on guest service standards and ensuring standards are met
- Provide training and carry out training requirements for all Aramark standards and processes
- Construct efficient work schedules.
- Ensure budget targets are achieved, understand budget targets and monitor profitability of all departments using reporting tools
- Foster successful working relationships with key clients and vendors
- Implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the successful operation of the departments
- Resolve customer complaints
- Ensure that all reservations are entered correctly into the system and that the property is prepared for guests' stay
- Work with accounting to ensure that City Ledgers are accurate and that all departments are following correct procedures
- Respond to inquiries and solve a wide variety of problems.
- Ensure the completion of administrative tasks
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies including implementing and monitoring staff sales incentives
- Create a culture of teamwork, communication and positive, can-do attitude
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and environmental practices
- Report to work on time and in complete uniforms
- Completes manager on duty shifts
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to General Manager. Direct reports include: Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Managers, Front Office Manager and Guest Services Agents, Catering Supervisor.
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two year degree in business related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two years previous hospitality experience in resorts required.
- Previous Front Desk Management and housekeeping experience for two years preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft business applications.
- Previous experience with Epitome Property Management System or like system desired.
- Proven experience managing multiple departments preferred.
- Valid driver's license and ability to operate motor vehicles required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.