Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Education provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 food service programs, please visit www.aramarkschools.com
SUMMARY - Responsible for managing a significant portion of the units operrations. Specifically assists the Food Service Managers in establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development. Assists multiple location in budget awareness and maintaining unit targets in revenue and cost management. Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safey levels in respective areas are met. Coordinates and superivses unit personnel regaring production, merchandising, quality and cost control; labor scheduling and staffing; employee training and performance standards. Conducts period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with ARAMARK, governemt and accrediting agency standards.
- Responsible for safety and security, protecting both the assets of the service area and the personal safety of employees and customers.
- Manages the Account in compliance with established company policies and procedures, and in conjunction with the District Manager's guidance.
- Assists in preparing the annual budget and annual report.
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of account personnel policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations. Investigates complaints regarding unit operation and effects satisfactory solutions.
- Evaluates food for taste, temperature, appearance, and portion size.
- Monitors and ensures development of realistic and accurate budgets and adherence at the unit.
- Establishes and maintains effective client and customer satisfaction.
- Makes proper use of customer preference surveys. Attends appropriate food service committee meetings.
- Establishes and maintains effective community relations.
- Maintains compliance with ARAMARK's standards of operations for services especially guidelines for food handling, storage, and Aramark's buisness conduct policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark's governemnt and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Righs Act of 1964, as amended, and the American with Disabilities Act, as amended
- Responsible for overseeing production, marketing, quality and cost control, labor management and employee training.
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains front line team
- Looks for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention
Performs other duties as assigned:
- Fill in for GM when the GM is out of the component.
- Direct a team of 6 salaried supervisors and 48 location managers to feed 44,000 meals per day.
- Ensure 100% compliance on all local health, EcoSure and quality assurance guidelines
- Oversee the training and on boarding of new hires
- Coordinate Staffing levles at schools to meet client expectations and business labor objectives
- Coordinate the MIT training program to develop future leadership
- Host weekly meetings to review business and operations with staff and peers
- Analyze business metrics to identify cost savings and meal growth opportunities
- Assist with GM led client meetings, equipment bidd process, and fixed asset accountability
- Direct Concessions business
- Bachelor degree in nutrition, dietetics, hospitality, business or other related field is required
- Must have at least 3 years of food service management experience
- Must have a demonstrated experience developing talent and managing multiple priorities
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential for success in this role.
- Building relationships, strong financial acumen, analytical ability are essential to success in this demanding environment
- The ability to identify defects in the preparation and service of food and implement improved quality control procedures as well as to communicate effectively with clients, client customers and support staff is required.
- Strong time management skills are necessary for success in this role
- Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required
- NSLP experience preferred
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.