Director of Order Entry Management
What you will do
The Director of Order Entry Management will provide overall leadership to the Fire and Security Domains for Order Entry processes. This person will be responsible to ensure excellent service delivery to both internal and external customers, interface with Domain leadership and their staffs, and manage to key performance metrics relevant to the business units supported around the Revenue and cash conversion cycle. The scope of this group is responsible for roughly $2B Orders per year and >5M customers.
How you will do it
• This person will serve as the central leader for all Fire and Security Domain operations.
• Responsible for working with and across other regional leaders in Order Entry Operations, EMEA and APAC ensuring the value is created for the total enterprise.
• Responsible for setting up the Order Entry business model and interfacing with operations leaders, managing COEs, leveraging headcount and team structure, and cross-training and/or outsourcing
• Oversees large-scale Order Entry related process improvement and system implementation programs in the region, focused on improved order management and billing ... as well as working closely with the credit management and cash collections team to ensure total OTC performance is optimal
• Provides day-to-day management of OTC activities in the Americas and directly oversees the execution of complex collections and customized billing for strategic accounts
• Develops overall strategy for managing strategic accounts in the Americas and successfully interacts with these accounts
• Manages multi-functional teams and liaises with IT, legal, procurement and other specialty finance functions (tax and treasury) as applicable
• Works effectively with 3rd party service providers
• Identifies and recommends necessary changes in financial policies and procedures to optimize effective and efficient performance
• Defines and manages regional key performance indicators that are aligned with key business and finance objectives
• Creates human resources strategy, including the planning, selection and resource allocation activities for Order Entry Operations. Develops overall regional agenda for hiring, training, performance management, talent management and leadership development practices
• Drives Diversity & Inclusion and Safety culture within the Order Entry Operation with personal focus and attention
What we look for
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent degree required
• 10-15+ years of experience
• Order Entry / OTC experience
• Industrial manufacturing / services industry experience preferred
• MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• Excellent influencing and leadership skills - ability to quickly build rapport, credibility and trust at senior level through evidence based analytics.
• Close interactions with both internal and external customers e.g. business unit presidents, C-Suite personnel and finance leaders as well as key strategic accounts
• Self-directed, with minimal guidance. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
• 40% expected travel during the first two years
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination - Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.