This position plans, controls and directs sales activities to attain maximum profitable sales. Oversee local sales team, directing their efforts to meet sales objectives.
- Successfully lead and manage a sales team to meet or exceed given budget, with the focus on Corrugated Packaging and Point-of-Purchase programs.
- Implement and meet sales forecasts and budgets.
- Understand competitive positioning and market buying behavior in addition to pricing relative to competitive environment and market conditions.
- Develop basic account territory plans that include detailed account insight, competitive knowledge, organizational structure, top account information, total solution selling and future opportunities and/or threats.
- Identify and assist in problem solving of process / procedures or product improvements by identifying trends, problems, market changes and customer feedback.
- Manage customer relationships and develop strategic and tactical plans to optimize sales potential.
- Be able to work with our internal sales teams and serve in a Subject-Matter Expert capacity while working closely with plant operations leadership to the common goal of meeting platform revenue expectations.
- Oversight of the design team
- Must have the ability to lead, and to create an atmosphere where others can perform at an optimal level.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Business or related field or an equivalent number of years experience in a Sales Executive or Sales Director role within the corrugated packaging or POP fields required.
- Requires very good understanding of sales and management principles, which is typically seen with 10-12 years of management and/or selling experience.
- Requires 4-5 years of Corrugated Packaging AND Point-of-Purchase experience.
- Must demonstrate outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as the person in this role will be responsible for proposal development, presentations to internal and external customers and the development of his/her sales team.
- Excellent negotiation / strategic leadership skills.
- Good analytical ability with demonstrated experience in: customer needs analyses, recommendation development, overcoming objections, and creating solutions. Requires ingenuity, resourcefulness and creativity.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.