/Your Talent. Our Vision./ At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing senior Americans a complete and pro-active health care experience,it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Director, Practice Management Operations - Nevada
The Director of Practice Management Operations oversees the business operations of a multiple physician medical practice and ancillary department. The Director of Practice Management Operations is a role model and a leader to subordinate managers, supervisors and staff. He/she develops and implements a business plan for each assigned office, ensures that the offices are operating efficiently and profitable, communicates effectively with staff and physicians. Resolves operational issues and ensures that excellent patient care and service is demonstrated at all times.
_Essential Duties and Responsibilities_
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Provide leadership and direction to physician offices and ancillary department. Ensure that policies and procedures are being enforced. Ensure that office managers/supervisors are managing their offices effectively and efficiently. Ensure that offices are well organized and appear clean and professional.
2. Works closely with Senior Management to develop short and long-range business plans, objectives and strategies for multiple physician offices and ancillary department. Implement and monitor the established business plan.
3. Prepare annual operating budget for each individual physician, ancillary department and office location.
4. Conducts a comprehensive monthly review of each physician's financial report. Follow-up with the Accounting department on any discrepancies and/or questions that arise during the review process. Inform Senior Management of any significant variances to the physician's financial report including the variance cause.
5. Maintain and foster a positive working relationship between physicians and local health plans.
6. Seek to grow physician and ancillary patient base by way of current health plan(s) membership and new contract affiliations.
7. Reviews physician and ancillary contracts to ensure that they are current and that the maximum reimbursement allowed has been negotiated and subsequently received.
8. Act as a liaison between senior management and the physicians. Ensure that physician concerns are addressed and brought forward to senior management as necessary. Ensure that communications from senior management are communicated to the physicians and office staff.
9. Oversee and manage the staffing needs of the physician's medical practices and ancillary department. This would include working with the physician practice Medical Director and Human Resources to ensure that all Professional and Mid-Level Professional staffing needs are being met. Ensure that appropriate medical office and ancillary department staffing levels meet company protocol. Oversee the hiring of new staff into the physician offices and ancillary department and ensure that new staff is properly oriented and trained.
10. Conduct timely, consistent, accurate and fair performance appraisals of direct reports. Assist office managers in their preparation of their staff's performance appraisals and assure that they are timely, consistent, accurate and fair.
11. Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to all subordinates. Act as a role model with regard to professionalism, patient service, interpersonal relationships, issue resolution, and business ethics. Institute corrective action when appropriate and notify Human Resources when disciplinary action may require termination of an employee.
12. Ensure that mechanisms are in place at each office location to collect, address and respond to every patient complaint and/or issue in a timely manner.
13. Assist in writing policies and procedures (P&P's) that relate to the management of the physician office locations and ancillary department. Ensure that the office staff is informed of the P&P's, implement the P&P's, and maintain the P&P's in the office manual. Monitor offices to ensure compliance of the P&P's.
14. Work closely with the Compliance staff to ensure that the physician offices and ancillary department comply with all requirements of HIPAA, OSHA, DHHS, CMS, HMO's and all other regulatory bodies in applicable county and state.
15. Inform Senior Management, Risk Management and group Medical Director of any potential risk management issues that has occurred in the physician offices and ancillary department.
16. Work closely with the Business Office staff to ensure that the physician office and ancillary department staff are following appropriate billing procedures so that collections can be maintained at the highest level possible.
17. Adhere to all CareMore Health System and Anthem, Inc. policies that are applicable to the position.
18. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Courteous, helpful, skillful care is to be demonstrated to patients and their families, physicians, co-workers and vendors at all times.
19. Ensure that staff is demonstrating excellent customer service at all time.
20. Perform other duties upon Senior Management request.
Directly supervises the management level staff at the physician offices and ancillary department. Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. /Education and/or Experience: /Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. /Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:/None required
3. /Other Qualifications:/
4. Minimum of five year's work experience in a healthcare setting.
5. A minimum of three years in a healthcare management position, preferably overseeing a multiple physician and office setting or a large office practice.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2015 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at//antheminc.com/careers//. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Title: Director of Practice Management Operations - CareMore (Las Vegas, NV)
Location: NV-Las Vegas
Requisition ID: 121807
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.