With tremendous market success in our Cloud Applications, especially in ERP Cloud, Higher Ed institutions have expressed unprecedented interest in embarking a cloud adoption journey with Oracle. Student Information Systems, a critical functional area to complete in our SaaS footprint for Higher Ed, is one top investment priority for Oracle.
The Director of Product, Higher Ed plays a critical leadership role for the Student Cloud. This role is responsible for driving vision, user-centered product design, and execution for Student Cloud. As the leader of the Higher Ed Product Development team, this role works with both internal teams (e.g., product strategy, product management, development, UX, marketing, internal sales reps, consultants, development etc.) and external audiences (e.g., customers, analysts, system integrators/partners, etc.).
- Drive the overall design vision and ensure that vision is carried throughout the organization
- Lead the research, design and build out the vision demo and working prototypes for the entire Higher Ed for Student Cloud
- Lead product design labs to help product strategy, product managers, architects and development teams to think through requirements, validate/test ideas (personas, prototypes, wireframes, sketches etc.) and designs
- Drive and promote Innovation and Design Thinking within the product development organization
- Effectively and succinctly communicate and influence with executive teams
- Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
- Recruit top talents by participating in recruiting, retaining, and mentoring the product managers
- Mentor and develop product managers and developers
- Collaborates with peers in Oracle Product Development teams
• 15 years progressively increasing product design/management responsibility in a cloud enterprise software environment
- Passion and empathy for human/consumer centered design
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Highly results oriented, collaborative and creative and highly motivated to disrupt the Higher Ed space
- Have the drive and leadership abilities to inspire others to execute on vision
- Strong presentation skills and great storytelling
- Ability to build relationships and influence outside of authority while leveraging Oracle expertise and resources.
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Senior Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management, providing negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.