Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Director, Product Management and Marketing leads the product management team responsible for managing the entire product life cycle, including market analysis, development, and launch/go-to-market for the Operation Services Independent Operating Unit (IOU)
Additionally, s/he is responsible for supervising the design of program process flows, writing service specifications for all the Facility Operations offerings, finalizing the offer’s value proposition, assisting in the development of training programs and verifying operational readiness for service product launches. S/he will foster close working relationships with Sales, Client Relations/Account Management, Marketing, and Operations teams to effectively leverage expertise and resources to achieve business objectives. Essential job responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of Schneider Electric’s product/service capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas for Operation Services, new and evolving products and additional service opportunities
- Defines the overall go-to-market strategy for the offerings, identifying and communicating who is the target customer, product positioning, pricing, and key benefits
- Gathers input both internally and externally to define product strategy and solution concepts, develop detailed requirements, feature definitions and high-level implementation plans of new offers to support the strategic objectives of the business
- Ensures product strategic alignment and manages the offer life cycle
- Researches, assesses and interprets customer needs/requirements and competitor offerings to identify new product opportunities. Works with clients and provides solutions/product expertise to address the clients' needs
- Recruits, motivates, mentors, manages, develops, and retains a high performing team of product managers
- Defines new offer requirements and specifications
- Leads cross-functional efforts to ensure successful and profitable implementation of new offers
- Plans and develops procedures for implementing new programs and offers and cross trains cross-functional operation teams. Ensures implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified business objectives
- Develops and supports pilot programs to introduce new offers into new regions
- Provides product knowledge and subject matter expertise to client facing teams and customers on capabilities and features of solution. Assists with the creation and delivery of offer training for client facing teams
- Defining the KPIs for the business performance of each offer and team (revenue, market share, number of customers, etc.) Tracking business performance, identifying levers for improving KPI’s, and championing necessary initiatives for those improvements
- Reviews current offerings to identify enhancements to current features and functionality and ensures product strategic alignment with business objectives
- Manages training efforts to roll out new offers to Sales, Marketing and Account Management
- Performs ad hoc requests as needed related to business strategy, product exploration and development
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or additional equivalent experience preferred
- Senior-level leader with a minimum of ten years' experience working in product management, product marketing, product/business strategy, and/or business development within the datacenter or related industry
- 5 years of people leadership experience required
- Ability to interface with clients to set expectations and determine deliverables
- Strong project management and proven ability to communicate and collaborate with many different audiences
- Strong facilitation skills and experience related to strategy development and problem solving
- Strong research, analytical, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to facilitate and lead design discussions with cross functional teams
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Sound analytical, negotiation, judgment and decision making skills
- Capacity to think analytically and process differing opinions logically
- Strong technical writing skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage own time and deliverables within tight timelines and with minimal guidance/oversight
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.