The data most valuable to an organization is not what's commonly referred to as "Big Data." What drives a business is its core operational data - the conventional, relational database data - that fuels its operational applications and has been doing so for years. Embedded analytics unlocks the full value of this data by closing the proverbial last mile of BI, providing business users with insights about business operations as they occur, and turning insights into action.
Oracle is the market leader in the Business Analytics market (IDC). Oracle Business Analytics solutions are actively used by tens of millions of users everyday - from San Francisco to Shanghai to Santiago. Join a team that is developing the next generation of BI software aimed at organizations of all sizes and industries. Embedded CX Analytics is part of the Oracle Cloud - the most comprehensive Cloud solution for enterprises.
We are looking for a (Sr.) Director of Product Management to bridge technology, customer needs, sales channels and customer success. As the Director of Product Management for Embedded ERP Analytics, you will act as a general manager for the product, focused on defining product requirements, go-to-market, and sales enablement, with a goal of driving rapid customer adoption and growth worldwide. This exciting role requires an experienced, driven individual with business acumen, strong internal and external leadership abilities, and a passion for product management. Successful candidates will possess deep domain expertise in Enterprise Resource Planning (Financials, Procurement, Revenue Management, Project Management, Risk Management etc.) and experience with BI, Reporting and Analytics solutions. The position is located at our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
- Developing the vision for the Embedded ERP Analytics based on market analysis, customer feedback, sales channels, and technology innovations.
- Defining the roadmap for the offering to maximize customer adoption and customer value
- Presenting the strategy and roadmap to senior management and obtain buy-in
- Working and influencing various development teams and stakeholders to ensure the product is developed and delivered as planned
- Communicate product positioning and influence the go-to-market teams to ensure the product is effectively sold
- Collaborate and influence customer success teams to ensure successful customer deployments and strong references
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You have high level of energy and initiative. You can lead virtual teams, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development direction
- You can communicate well - you can take abstract technical and business concepts and drive them into concrete and agreed-to specific requirements
- You can articulate technical issues in terms of business risk
- You are able to influence senior executives on innovative ideas
- You work independently and solve problems and are willing to do what it takes to get things done
- You can engage customers, partners, and sales teams.
- Minimum of eight years of product management experience, preferably at SaaS companies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Cloud, Mobile, multi-tenancy, and SaaS technologies/offerings
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Proven ability to work with senior and executive management
- Broad ERP processes experience & knowledge
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Analytics software and solutions
- Experience with Embedded Analytics is a big plus
- Excellent cross-organizational agility and ability to drive goals across a large number of teams
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, constantly changing environment
- BS degree relevant to functional area. MBA or advanced degree preferred
Technical Skills / Experience Desired:
- Deep experience in business intelligence and data analytics
- Proven experience in delivering cloud solutions
- A track record of successfully delivering products to the market
- Excellent understanding of BI and analytics market
- Experience leading a team of product managers is preferred
- Experience engaging with customers in all phases of the product cycle from pre-sales to reference building
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. The ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 of software engineering or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.