Director of Product Marketing, IoT Group Inside this business group:
The Cisco IoT business group, formed from the post-aquisition integration of Cisco Jasper and Cisco IoT software and service, businesses is a global leader in IoT. We have been delivering industry-shaping IoT solutions for more than a decade, from the world's first IoT connectivity management platform, the latest version of which was announced at Cisco Live 2017, to the newest addition to our portfolio, an IoT platform that gives companies groundbreaking new ways to unlock the value of their IoT data. We have extensive opportunities, in multiple market segments, to accelerate growth on a global scale - for ourselves, our partners and our customers. We're looking for a Director of Product Marketing who is passionate about playing a key role in driving business transformation at the leading edge of IoT. What You'll Do
As a Director of Product Marketing for the Cisco IoT Group, you will define and bring to life global product marketing strategies that help our partners and enterprise customers to accelerate their path from proof-of-concept to meaningful business outcomes. You will lead a team responsible for identifying market opportunities, analyzing trends & threats, owning buyer insights, developing product positioning & messaging, building go-to-market plans, launching products, and fueling growth-marketing strategies to acquire, activate, engage and retain customers. Your performance will be measured by your team's ability to execute and to partner effectively with a high-performing, cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Product Marketers in other Cisco business groups to meet shared objectives and achieve key results. Responsibilities
Minimum qualifications include:
- Be the expert on our buyers, build deep knowledge of the market, customers and competitors to guide sales targets, product roadmaps and GTM strategies.
- that are differentiated, defensible and monetizable. Help customers & partners more effectively evaluate & choose us.
- Enable sales with knowledge and tools to drive win rates, stickiness and revenue growth
• Difference Maker: 10+ years of experience in product marketing in a high tech role, at least 5 in a leadership role (managing 3+ people, junior & senior staff) with measurable market driving results
• Global/Multi-product mindset: You have a proven track record for developing, prioritizing and promoting/cross-promoting multiple products simultaneously, spanning multiple audiences, industries & international markets
• Deep audience knowledge: You are a quick study, committed to knowing your ecosystem, markets, buyers and competition better than anyone - who they are, their care-abouts, considerations & behaviors. You're exceptional at making findings actionable for sales, product development & marketing, as well as using the information to inform your GTM and growth strategies.
• Messaging mastery: You are in a class of your own when it comes to articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can craft a compelling narrative across different audiences, markets and channels, and know how to help the PM team develop strong messaging maps and effective content strategy plans. In addition, you have solid copywriting skills of you own.
• Sales Enablement: The ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, and transfer that knowledge to the sales team, is crucial. Under your leadership, your team will effectively communicate product value propositions and develop the sales tools that support the selling cycles for your products
• Ease with data: You know how to rapidly source the data you need and use it to tell an insightful story that drives change. Leveraging data to make decisions and foster growth is second nature to you, and a skill you have successfully developed within your teams. You have a proven track record for surfacing better data and dashboards to drive towards more revenue and success.
• Process-practical: You value repeatable practices, but not at the expense of progress. You speak up when best practices prove not to be, encourage your team to challenge the status quo, and double-down when you find something that works.
• Talent development: You know how to identify and cultivate talent to address business needs and gaps. You take pride in helping your staff discover their potential, grow their skill sets and increase visibility and value within the organization. Why Cisco
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.