Do you know that people spend more time browsing the Web on PCs than any other activity in desktop computing? Does the idea of a high impact role that touches hundreds of millions Windows customers daily excite you? If you are interested in working at the intersection of the Web and Windows, then come join one of the most strategic marketing teams at Microsoft facing one of the toughest competitive battlegrounds in tech.
As director of browser product marketing, you will be responsible for developing the core value proposition for our browser consumer audience. Beyond setting the agenda for our browser marketing plan, you will need to work closely with your counterparts in the field and engineering teams around consumer audience requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
• You will develop and drive product and marketing strategies built on deep business, ecosystem, product and market understanding.
• You will bring together engineering, marketing and field teams from across the company to drive business outcomes that make Microsoft Edge the most successful browser on Windows 10.
• Intelligently and effectively articulate and demo the value proposition of our Microsoft Edge browser to the consumer audience
• Work closely with our engineering teams to continuously improve our ability to understand consumers need, their journey through our products and better communicate to our consumers in a contextually relevant way
• Develop the overall consumer story for our browser consumer offerings, including owning the value proposition, positioning, and messaging for our upcoming releases
• Work with outbound marketing across Windows and Store teams on cross-company promotions and content creation and general support
• Collaborating with other consumer marketing teams at Microsoft to ensure browser consumer audiences are taken into consideration for their execution in the field and product planning respectively
• Candidates should have solid marketing leadership skills with a proven ability to partner across large organizations to develop compelling propositions to help drive the business forward with definitive ROI. You must be visible and influential to ensure maximum executive buy-in and support-and to focus mindshare and resources across Microsoft.
• You should have a track record of working with internal partners to execute on your strategies with passion, precision and excellence. You must think creatively about customer/business problems and generate innovative solutions. You must have the ability to deal with ambiguity and working across complex organizations.
• You must have an understanding of the consumer audience - what motivates them, what challenges they face and have insight into how they work and how they think.
• 6+ years of product marketing, product management or related experience is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and business strategy skills.
• Experience defining and managing end-to-end product marketing plans, including go-to-market.
• Proven ability to build productive relationships with both technical and marketing teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• MBA preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.