Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- Workday's Production Infrastructure team supports an ever growing environment that consists of over 20,000+ servers, and thousands of networking devices, in multiple global data centers. Our team is composed of highly skilled Data Center Engineers, System Engineers, and Network Engineers spanning multiple geographies from Pleasanton, CA to Dublin, Ireland. Our mission is to focus 100% on Production Operations by helping the business deliver new products and features, supporting the growing customer base, and maintaining operational excellence across all facets of the data center.
Workday is growing and so are our data volumes and network complexity. We're looking for a senior leader to join our team to focus Production Networking. This is a key role in the Infrastructure organization. You will directly manage a team of talented engineers focusing on all aspects of LAN and WAN architecture and will be responsible for directing the general activities of a cross-functional team of network engineers embedded into other parts of the organization (operations, security, services, etc).
To be successful in this role you must have a proven track record of successfully managing large scale networks of over 5000 physical nodes, have a strong background in large scale network engineering, have valuable insight into the evolving world of networking, and be a awesome technology leader and mentor. You have to be seen as a partner for your operations and engineering colleagues; people should want to work with you and your team. And finally, you need to have a bias towards action and results, be able to run with fuzzy requirements, make great judgment calls, and be comfortable with smart risk taking.
- Overall direction and ownership for the evolution of Workday's production network, including ongoing architecture, scalability, and performance enhancements.
- Oversight to all network changes being done across the organization; including setting network change policies, creating guidelines, and setting standards.
- Provide technical leadership both within the network organization and throughout Workday.
- Evaluate new and evolving technology.
- Monitor, analyze and report on network and system capacity utilization and future trending.
- Manage relationships with relevant network and telecom vendors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years working in a large scale production network; preferably with more than 5000 physical servers in a single network.
- 10+ years in the Network and Security Technology fields with specific experience in designing and delivering LAN, WAN and Data Center/Cloud networking solutions and direct management of Network Engineering teams.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VPN, Load Balancing and Firewalls as well as security best practices.
- Technical writing and analytical experience in debugging and diagnosing complex network issues and reporting on prognosis and or break/fix specifics.
- Strong Leadership, management skills and work ethic. Self-starting with the ability to learn on the fly and respond to network/security issues with a high sense of urgency and ownership while understanding how they affect the bigger picture.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate complex technological issues across skill sets and act as a liaison between teams.
- Ability to define measurable goals for self and team and achieve these goals on a quarterly and annual basis.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.