Director of Programmable Software Engineering, DevOps and Infrastructure Job DescriptionQualificationsDescription
As a Director in the Programmable Software Engineering Group, you will lead a global team in the development of state of the art DevOps and Infrastructure supporting cutting-edge software product development and maximizing developer productivity. The PSWE group is part of the larger Programmable Solutions Engineering (PSE) organization and is responsible for all aspects of software engineering delivering the capability of Intel FPGA technology to customers and enabling a smart and connected world.
The Programmable Software engineering group delivers software solutions across a broad range of disciplines and product lines from Acceleration and Virtualization frameworks and Machine Learning solutions to comprehensive large-scale EDA and Embedded Software Design Tools to low level device software and firmware. Reporting directly into the Vice President of Software Engineering, you will work with some of the industry's most accomplished technologists and lead a talented group of technical managers and engineers. The position is based in San Jose, CA but has teams across multiple locations and is charged with the mission to deliver best-in-class infrastructure and drive breakthrough productivity gains across a global organization.
The successful candidate will: Define DevOps and Infrastructure roadmaps that deliver superior products and developer productivity, resource and direct activities in the Engineering function to meet schedules, standards and cost; interact directly with customers and other PSG organizations to understand emerging product needs; cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms and behaviors; identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions; establish and oversee standards of excellence for group performance; provide guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues; use judgment on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Qualifications
- Experience defining and deploying software development, test and build infrastructure that enables s a large global development organization is required.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering scalable solutions in support of continuous integration and delivery across a diverse software product line
- Direct experience and a passion for automating infrastructure, defining and monitoring metrics and KPIs
- Experience analyzing systems for weaknesses and points of failure, developing sound plans for addressing them, and then implementing those plans.
- Strong fundamentals of software architecture design patterns and paradigms
- Knowledgeable in Lean Enterprise and Agile at Scale principles with a passion for transforming large development organizations
- Demonstrated strengths in stakeholder management, communication skills and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading and motivating a software organization to growth and successful execution.
- Able to manage a variety of complex functions and teams supporting a diverse set of software technologies.
- Role-models sound judgment in planning and decision-making.
- BS with 15 years of experience. Advanced degrees are a plus.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with deep technical experience in best-in-class software development infrastructure to perform a key leadership role in our growing global software engineering organization. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing a vision and strategies to deliver state-of-the-art DevOps capability for breakthrough productivity gains
- Developing, identifying, and monitoring performance in a metrics-driven infrastructure culture.
- Work closely with the broader IT and engineering infrastructure groups and product teams to deliver on schedule and at scale
- Managing all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes in alignment with PSG Engineering direction and commitments
- Developing the organization for sustained growth, and developing people for technical leadership and management roles
- Driving and supporting process improvements to improve efficiencies, in line with PSG Engineering goals for productivity & cost
- Actively engaging with the PSWE leadership team to solve on-going product execution and organization challenges
- Proactively managing stakeholders in the development process with clear decision making and crisp communication to ensure the organization meets committed budget and plans.
- Influencing peers across planning / engineering / marketing to drive major initiatives in the interest of the overall business
- Be an effective ambassador for PSG and Intel as member of the overall PSWE Engineering Leadership team.
- Work with senior technologists from the company to identify opportunities for innovation and breakthrough results
- Direct mentorship and development of managers and senior technical leaders
The Programmable Solutions Engineering group (PSE) is the largest group within The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) which was formed from the recent acquisition of Altera Corporation ("Altera"). As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA and software technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. Hence PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential. Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Position of Trust.
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.