Government ServicesBusiness Unit:
Government ServicesRequisition Number:
United States-Virginia-RestonAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Senior levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/ Job Description: Job Summary:
Siemens Government Technologies is seeking a Director of Proposal Management to lead and manage Federal Market proposals and the supporting organization for developing those proposals.As the Director of Proposal Management you willlead the proposal team and be accountable for proposal readiness planning, resource allocation, budget management, proposal production and delivery, and management of assigned internal resources and external consultants. You will also develop proposal plans and manage large scale Federal Government proposals. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in managing winning complex proposal projects through the Federal Acquisition lifecycle.This position requires thatthis individualhave d emonstrated leadership capabilities. Responsibilities:
- Effectively leading and managing the proposal group, including both individual and team coaching and performance management;
- Managing an adaptive proposal and production organization;
- Coordinating with Business Areas, Contracts, Pricing and HR and other staff members as required to shape a winning proposal from the customer's requirements and business capture strategy;
- Perform Proposal Consultant vetting, selection, and coordination / de-confliction;
- General proposal coordination, including:
- Proposal prioritization planning;
- Indoctrination and coordination of SMEs and other resources in proposal production schedules, activities, expectations and virtual proposal production tools;
- Creation of pre-proposal artifacts such as writer guides, proposal communications plans, setting up dedicated space and access in virtual / collaborative proposal tools, requirements-driven outlines, and final B&P estimates and materials for the Bid / No-Bid review gate;
- Coordination and planning of critical review (color) team reviews;
- Assignment of support personnel (editors, graphic artists, production, delivery, etc.);
- Directing and supporting RFI / RFQ, Draft RFP, NOO, PA, and IGA response activities;
- Developing detailed proposal plans where required;
- Creating and tracking schedules and budgets then reporting status to senior management as required for key opportunities;
- Facilitating key thematic workshops such as Solutions, Win Themes & Discriminators, SWOT, Black Hat, etc., then applying and tracking outcomes to the proposal;
- Ensuring proposal activities are executed in accordance with pertinent legal regulations and Company policies / procedures, and where permissible, tailoring processes and procedures as required to fit the size, scope, scale and timing of the opportunity;
- Presenting the proposal's status at required for gate reviews and obtaining approvals as required to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle;
- Working with Account Management to prepare B&P estimates and ROI justifications for upcoming proposals;
- When required, participating in pre-award contract negotiations;
- Providing the organization with research and data gathering / validating tools, proposal artifact re-use, lessons learned repository and assistance with appropriate use of graphics and non-prose communications techniques;
- Developing, editing, and maintaining policy and proposal procedures and guidelines, as required.
- BA/BSdegree required in related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the Federal Market with experience managing a wide range of Federal Government proposal efforts;
- Experience in optimizing employees' talent to support the company's goals;
- Experience bidding ESPC (or related) contracts is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated effective leadership in managing a proposal team;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct coaching with employees and manage the team's performance;
- Proven track record in guiding employees' growth and development;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Government Procurement regulations (FAR / DFARS, et al.) and procurement integrity ethics and strictures is required;
- Proven success in running structured and "impromptu" proposal efforts with high win rates;
- PMP or similar credential is highly desirable;
- Businessdevelopmentexperience in commercial industrial or energy sectors is highly desirable;
Must be a U.S. citizen.Applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the Secret level. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
We help our Federal customers address national imperatives in energy, infrastructure, automation and marine platforms.