About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Real Estate professional with a strong retail development background in the Midwest region of the U.S. to join its Retail Real Estate team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Real Estate, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for the research, acquisition, management, and development of properties. In addition to excellent management skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to clearly communicate deal terms and changes, both internally within their own team and externally with existing and potential clients.
The Director of Real Estate Development role presents an opportunity to oversee the acquisition of property for development of new income producing retail facilities for specific clients or for speculative tenants in a given region. This person will also be responsible for identifying projected land acquisitions, researching market potential, and the overall securing of potential projects for the company. The successful candidate will have experience in the Retail Real Estate sector and will be comfortable with cultivating and managing tenant/client relationships in specific markets. The Director of Real Estate Development position is located in Frisco, Texas, but could potentially sit in the Chicago office. Specific Responsibilities Include
Skills & Experience Required
- Acquire new properties for development by identifying and researching new properties
- Negotiate LOI and all business terms of a Purchase and Sale agreement
- Provide pertinent property information to peers for development
- Conduct market analysis by accumulating statistical and narrative information on new markets considered for entry
- Travel to new and current markets to collect market data and evaluate for clients, and hiring and managing brokers
- Ownership of Guggenheim Real Estate Committee submittal packages and conducting presentations of properties at REC meetings
- Ownership of Tenant Submittal Packages
- Manage site tours for Tenant's Real Estate Operations Teams
- Manage LOI and lease process with tenant
- Provide timing and data input into company Project Management System
About Guggenheim Real Estate Partners
- Bachelor's degree with a preference of heavy course work in business and/or finance
- Minimum of 5 years in the Retail Real Estate Development sector
- Experience in Client Services and facilitating client relationships
- Strong understanding of real estate markets within the Midwest
- Responsive to client needs
- Communicate across internal departments to assure smooth project delivery including daily contact with Development and Legal Departments
- Strong attention to deal terms and communicate changes to the client
- Proactive & solutions-oriented
- Comfortable conducting market analysis through various processes
- Familiarity with interpreting statistical and narrative data
- Able to adapt quickly to incorporate new information into property evaluations
- Highly collaborative, energized by the open exchange of ideas within a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
Guggenheim Retail Real Estate Partners is a real estate development company which partners with select retailers on their national store growth programs. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our business strategy is to provide our partners with cost-effective solutions and the expertise needed to achieve their market penetration goals. Each of our in-house experts incorporates the mindset that we are an extension of our client's professional staff, creating a long-term effective and efficient partnership. Utilizing our integrated team of acquisition, construction, financial, legal, and management professionals, we can offer a single point of contact that results in seamless, on-time, and on-budget projects.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.