Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The NA Mid-Market Director of Relationship Management will own and drive revenue growth for a portfolio of strategic accounts through retention, driving new product adoption, implementing best practices presentment and participation in co-marketing programs.
In addition, this role is a "player-coach" and will also manage three NA Mid-Market Relationship Managers; each carrying portfolios of 70-90 top NA Mid-Market accounts. By utilizing relationships with key account decision makers, they identify opportunities to optimize current product integrations and drive cross-sell of additional products.
NA Mid-Market Relationship Managers are responsible for retaining and growing TPV and revenue growth of their assigned accounts. The Relationship Manager owns overall customer relationship and manages issues and opportunities.
This position can be based remotely, with reasonable access to a major US airport hub.Responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of Relationship Managers and managing a NA Mid-Market client portfolio with a focus on retention and growing YOY revenue growth.
Individual Portfolio Management:
- Engaging with respective Relationship Managers to ensure achievement of their goals and objectives.
- Serve as a resource for team members, based on a strong working knowledge of team's responsibilities, goals and individual development plans and training needs.
- Monitor various productivity and performance standards to ensure that established levels are achieved. Provide feedback on individual performance.
- Discuss and provide preliminary approval for merchant contra requests to facilitate cross-sell or other activities.
- Excels at problem solving and has experience determining when to escalate versus not.
- Track record of resolving urge merchant specific issues by partnering with various internal teams: legal, finance, risk management, account management and compliance teams.
- Working with PayPal's and merchants' marketing teams on multi-merchant programs, events and development of collateral.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports
- Directly management a select group of merchants.
- Working with PayPal Mid-Market leadership team to develop and execute strategic plans. Responsible for managing team goals, pipelines and forecasts.
- Engaging with C-Level executive in solutions-orientated dialogues to define and address business needs.
- Building strong relationships with critical Executives and other merchant points of contacts that engenders true partnership, trust and mutual benefit.
- Establishing yourself internally and externally as the main point of contact for anything related to your client through strong internal involvement across all PayPal assets and deep engagement.
- Leveraging PayPal Inc. properties to drive cross-sell opportunities within your portfolio and the team's portfolio.
- Communicate sensitive news to the merchant such as a rate change or the need to obtain confidential information for risk management purposes. Negotiating as appropriate
- Identifying opportunities to increase PayPal's share of checkout and persuade merchants to adopt recommended optimization strategies to drive PYPL and merchant value.
- Partnering with Account Managers (AM's) and Technical Account Managers (TAM's) to ensure a consistent and proactive communication cadence with the merchant.
- Keeping merchants informed of PayPal's product roadmap.
- Outstanding leadership, training, management, motivational and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with demonstrated problem solving capabilities and ability to find innovative solutions
- Executive presentation skills, including in-person, written, and verbal
- Negotiating complex contracts and achieving deal terms which are favorable to the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executives as well as all other internal and external stakeholders, regardless of role or level
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.