Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Based in Yosemite National Park; Yosemite National Park, CA, this position manages and directs the Retail Operations team supporting Yosemite Hospitality a subsidiary of Aramark operations at Yosemite National Park.
The Director of Retail will work at direction of Vice President of Operations to ensure all locations are appropriately assorted with quality product, achieve operational excellence and assist our guests with outstanding guest service and that visual merchandising standards and programs are being followed and executed.
The Director of Retail will provide overall leadership and accountability for purchasing, product development, merchandising planning, visual merchandising, operational excellence oversight and governance, training and operations support for all retail locations. Facilitates the sale of products/services in various retail environments by ensuring products are in stock and displayed accordingly, interacting with customers and answering questions, or operating equipment to complete transactions.
- Manages and directs Buying Team.
- Manages and directs Visual Merchandising Team.
- Manages and directs Retail Operations Supervisors and Front Line Staff.
- Manages and directs Warehouse Operation and Shipping, Receiving and Ecommerce Teams.
- Attend Retail Industry and Trade Shows (Operations, Product and Design).
- Assists Business Development Department with renewals and extensions.
- Supports and assist with special projects, E-Commerce, and company initiatives as needed.
- Plan, lead and execute all new retail store openings, remodels and special events.
- Work with HR Team on Talent planning and on-boarding.
- Work with Finance Team on budget planning and review.
- Work with Food and Beverage Team on cross-promotional sales opportunities and product safety.
- Work with Marketing Team on special promotions and events.
- Work with Security Team on Loss Prevention Initiatives and Audits.
- Overall Profit and Loss accountability for all Retail Sites/Profit Centers.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associates Degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a Retail Operations Management position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Multi-Site Points of Sales Management.
- Professional credentials in Retail Management desired.
- Corporate Retail Operations experience with prior responsibility managing and influencing teams.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing cross function teams (design, merchandising, marketing, operations)
- Exceptional leadership ability with an eye for design and styling, with demonstrated success in retail operations, buying, visual Merchandising, innovation and implementation.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas and lead teams from conception to implementation.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Proficiency with computer applications related to the retail industry. (Example: Retail Pro).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.