The Director Sales ( Sales Lead) for Sprouts Farmers Market is responsible for leading and nurturing the full Coca-Cola Company portfolio business relationship across 15 wholly owned and 4 partner brands with volume of ~1M EQ cases. This sales leader will be responsible for the alpha retailer in the key strategic Natural & Specialty Trade channel. Sprouts Farmers Market is a expanding national customer with 250 stores in the USA and represents ~ 10% of the total trade channel retail $ share.
They are responsible for understanding of customer's business needs, identifying and managing issues faced and opportunities with various customer buyers in order to develop viable solutions while working with the multiple internal and external stakeholders including Venturing & Emerging Brands (VEB), Minute Maid Business Unit (MMBU), Glaceau along with fairlife, and other The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) partner brands as well as the VEB and Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) commercial organizations and VEB Natural Sales team. In addition, this sales leader is responsible for the "top to top" relationship between Sprouts Farmers Market and TCCC including the customers' CEO and SVP/senior level leadership, CCNA EVP/President, VEB President/GM and other senior level TCCC leaders. Further, this sales leader is responsible for a complex route to market including Odwalla Chilled direct service delivery, Customer Direct to Warehouse, and UNFI distribution.Regular duties include:
- Conducting regular business reviews with customers in order to monitor relationship.
- Re-affirming strategies linked to needs and steward the business, operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Activating The Coca-Cola Company System (e.g., cross-functional team members, segment resources) to develop and implement business plan/solution that meets customer needs and drives beverage category profit and volume.
- Building and leveraging relationships within and outside the customer's organization to reach implementation of the jointly developed plan.
- Collaborating with the customer and account team in order to identify needs and determine project components.
- Acting as the voice of the TCCC and working in conjunction with multiple operating units within TCCC to drive category leadership and growth.
- Developing and executing business strategies to drive engagement of direct and indirect reports.
- Executing plans through VEB Natural Regions, brand GM's and marketing leads, finance and supply chain inclusive of clear direction through standard communication processes
- Initiate and create sustainable Joint Business Planning routines with customer leaders.
- Initiate and manage category advisory services resources to support and provide customer with category captain leadership and insights and support customer growth and TCCC and brand partner growth and leadership.
- Steward customer strategic plans and results across USA.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers in order to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business, operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Build business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer and distribution partners and portfolio brands using information collected during the account discover process to ensure plan meets customer needs.
- Participate in contract negotiations/re-negotiations with customer and our portfolio brands and distributor partners in order to formalize the agreement.
- Manage associate. Provide direct reports with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skill.
- Create and execute Annual Business Plan and Long Range Business Plan for customer in order to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business and achieve NARTD category leadership objectives for TCCC.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Required: 5-7 year sales experience
- Preferred Level: 5 year sales experience
- Communicates Effectively
- Planning and Organizing
- Advancing the Customer Relationship
- Customer Focus
- Annual Business Planning
- System Knowledge
- Customer/Business Knowledge
- Collaborating for Value Knowledge
- Resource Management
- Brand Knowledge
- Enhancing and Sustaining the Performance of Others
- Contract Procedures
- Pricing Management
- Advancing Distributor Relationships
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.