At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Home Depot Search and Recommendations team is building desktop and mobile site search & recommendations products that are more contextual and personalized for users. Site search is the starting point to online experiences at The Home Depot – whether you’re looking for a unique tool or new patio furniture, how to information for your next DIY project or which service provider who can install your new air conditioner. Recommendations also plays a key role for Home Depot to provide curated product and content experiences for Do-It-Yourself, Do-It-For-Me and Pro customers.
The Home Depot is committed to investing in our overall Site Search and Recommendations business by introducing compelling new products and experiences that are powered by deep science, knowledge, and data. We are making traditional and new search experiences (voice, image and more), along with Recommendations for products, content and services more exciting and useful for our customers.
What We’re Looking For
You will lead a team of technically savvy and dedicated product mangers to build products that are used daily by millions of customers, store associates and call center agents. You will collaborate with and learn from product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, analysts and executives and create technically excellent software iteratively using agile methods. You will be responsible for improving revenue and user experience in Site Search and Recommendations.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- 30%: Lead, develop and mentor product managers and analysts to perfect their product management skills and help them deliver best-in-class Site Search and Recommendation products.
- 30%: Drive the overall product vision, strategy, and requirements that will improve revenue and user experience in Site Search and Recommendations.
- 10%: Develop business cases to evaluate the financial opportunity, write product stories, user scenarios and problem statements.
- 10%: Lead cross-functional teams in delivering quality products, and make appropriate planning trade-offs between user engagement, features, and revenue.
- 10%: Define product success metrics and analyze product performance.
- 10%: Continuously deliver advances in the product by defining the roadmap, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive offerings and how they impact consumer choices and preferences, and how they should influence the product.
Nature and Scope:
- Position reports to Sr. Director, Product Management
- Number of Direct Reports: 4-8
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 10 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 10+ years in product management with Internet, software, or related technology company, with track record of increasing responsibilities, ideally in site search and/or recommendations
- Experience with defining a product from concept stage through launch and maintenance
- Experience writing concise and complete product stories/requirements, user scenarios, and problem statements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts and strategic opportunities
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and influence business leaders, and technology leaders within a matrix organization
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creative, innovative technology environment with a history of results.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!