West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Director of Security Technology, Corporate Security
Director of Security Technology, Corporate Security, will provide enterprise leadership of security systems and will be responsible for leading security technology projects enterprise-wide. Further, this role is responsible for research and development related to security system technology to review opportunities to improve the overall program and services to our internal customers. He or she will manage a technical security team and provide consulting to Capital One’s lines of business (LOBs) as requested
- Providing subject matter expertise, advice and solutions that mitigate physical security risks,
- Influence and gain support for security initiatives that will yield significant business impacts
- Responsible for the construction, modification, and decommissioning of all security equipment in the COF enterprise facilities,
- Writing, managing and maintaining the security technology standards to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards and aligning with ever changing changes to the business model,
- Engage with industry peers to initiate and or engage in benchmarking opportunities/exercise’s to understand changes in the industry.
- Address issues associated with security technology and technology design across the company and require interaction with internal and external clients in order to gather information to determine causes and possible solutions.
- Design, develop, and execute tests to assess compliance with security-related policies, procedures and applicable banking laws and regulations in the conduct of physical security assurance reviews.
- Manage and develop a technology and CS team and oversee vendor relationships in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience managing and leading security management programs or at least 6 years of experience managing security technology projects in a corporate environment.
- At least 8 years of experience managing application of physical security consulting including threat management, auditing or risk management in a corporate environment,
- At least 4 years of experience in a multi-site geographically dispersed organization
- At least 6 years of experience with integrated physical security systems, at least 6 years of experience with life safety systems, or a combination
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- 15+ years plus of experience in planning and coordinating security system management in a corporate environment, demonstrating knowledge of generally accepted security practices and standards, principles and techniques used in the technology based systems.
- 15+ years plus of experience in the application of physical security consulting, threat management, auditing or risk management in a corporate environment, demonstrating generally accepted physical security management and assessment standards, principles and techniques.
- 10+ years of experience conducting of vulnerability assessments and assurance reviews of Facility Security Reviews, Life Safety Programs, and OSHA evaluations
- 5+ years of experience in physical security in a financial services, digital or retail environments
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.