Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Coordinate strategy execution and direct operations for a unit designing and/or developing products, improving existing products, and leading teams through the development life cycle for an assigned marketing initiative or customer group. May focus on software products or other products for the mortgage industry. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
#LI-VN1 Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Manage projects from inception to product implementation. Partner with customers to understand business and customer requirements. Support development of research and analyses, assessment of market needs and opportunities, and final recommendations.
- Direct planning for all phases of product development to ensure timely, cost-effective, and efficient delivery. Manage relationships across multiple internal groups. Escalate significant matters.
- Manage adherence to the firm's compliance and controls related to product development.
- Lead development of marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products or product lines. May conduct on-site visits to ensure that internal and external customers understand products and/or product enhancements.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Ability to influence and drive change using customer driven insights, data, and passion for developing strategies that create affordable housing.
- Combines both deep knowledge of mortgage finance and the housing industry and has the ability to identify patterns and opportunities in the market.
- Strong network across the housing industry and able to find creative ways to align incentives and create unique partnerships.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Prior people management experience is required.
- Strong product development background and understanding of design thinking are a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.