The Director of Supply Chain Operations is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Director of Supply Chain Operations integrates the department's services with the hospital's primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers. Duties (included but not limited to):
#ParallonBCom Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Lead and manage all facility Supply Chain activities
- Manage the profit and loss of the facility Supply Chain operations
- Execute the infrastructure project plan for the facility. This includes the implementation of the standardization programs for all supply chain functions, SMART cleanup, master file standardization, online requisitioning, and EDI
- Facilitate the implementation of market based purchasing projects at the facility
- Execute the implementation and operational plan for all of the point of use systems
- Coordinate, manage, and evaluate facility Supply Chain personnel
- Create a supportive environment for supply chain staff development and the delivery of supply chain solutions
- Raise and resolve facility based supply chain issues and improvement opportunities
- Coordinate and drive efforts to enable supply improvement initiatives (SII) to succeed within the facility
- Facilitate the standardization of products and optimize supply utilization through effective collaboration with Physicians and clinicians
- Manage the facility implementation plan, identify and mitigate risks (leverage lessons learned, utilize proactive communication techniques), and monitor resource allocations to ensure successful execution of plan
- Execute the Supply Chain Performance Measurement plan at the facility and report these results to the Supply Chain Officer in an accurate and timely manner
- Execute a continuous improvement program for supply chain functions
- Ensure useful knowledge is captured and promote sharing of information
- Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff.
- Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered.
- Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Healthcare Administration, Finance, or similar is required. EXPERIENCE
Minimum of three years hospital management experience required CERTIFICATE/LICENSE
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom