Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
As the Director of Technology, the selected candidate will be responsible for Enterprise Middleware and Data Caching as a Shared Services function. The selected candidate will lead an organization of engineers and operational staff (30 employees and 25 contractors) that is responsible for integration technologies engineering, solutions architecture, design / development, and L1/L2 operations in 24x7 multitenant on-prem/cloud environments.
The Director of Technology: Plans, directs and manages one or more major functions and/or programs within the technology organization to ensure its effective operation in line with goals and objectives; Provides leadership across cross-functional teams; Actively contributes to long-range strategy planning and develops and implements the policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and developing the overall technology strategy and goals; Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop strategic roadmaps and execute on a technology plan to serve business needs, investment decisions, and integrates with the overall enterprise technology strategy
- Continuously evaluate emerging technologies and create the implementation strategies for enterprise integration services
- Drive operational transformation through automation and continuous process improvements
- Deploy & integrate monitoring tools/processes to proactively alert on system performance, conduct capacity planning, and identify/resolve issues before they become service-impacting events
- Collaborate and provide guidance to application development teams & infrastructure teams to ensure they are kept current on technology developments, best practices, and new initiatives
- Develop & maintain strong partnership with infrastructure, application development, and production support organizations to ensure the successful execution of standard delivery, incident & change management
- Conduct operational reviews and ensure operational concerns are addressed & optimization opportunities are leveraged in an effort to improve the shared services
- Develop and manage a yearly budget of $10 million, review expenses against budget, and account for variances on a monthly basis
- Provide leadership, vision, coaching, and feedback for performance management.
- Promote staff development, recruiting, and retention
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8 years of related experience
Our leadership behaviors align to our values and ensure that we are living our values. They play an integral role in shaping our culture. These behaviors foster innovation, collaboration, customer excellence, diversity, and engagement within the organization. The desired leadership behaviors include:
- Embracing differing points of view received from colleagues at all levels and from all disciplines throughout the organization
- Engaging in dialogue and debate respectfully and flexibly, with a mind open to differing perspectives on how to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrating enterprise-wide leadership to ensure collaborative, efficient, effective working relationships
- Communicating in such a way that inspires innovation and team effectiveness
- Challenging the organization to adopt breakthrough ideas and solutions, including the adoption of innovation pilots and other breakthrough technologies
- Anticipating what our customers value and develops elegant solutions to delight them
- Seizing opportunities, striking a balance between accepting workable solutions and pushing for better alternatives
- Being visible in both the day to day challenges of execution and production, and the development of strategy and future state delivery
- Leading by example and gaining the confidence and trust of others through logic, authenticity, and empathy
- Actively seeking new ways to develop yourself and serve others
- Stepping up address difficult issues, invite diverse perspectives, and say what needs to be said
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to work in varying levels of abstraction across business/technology strategy and technical design/implementation.
- Deep technical know-how of middleware and data caching technologies, Infrastructure (compute, network, storage), large scale operations, development release lifecycles
- Ability to effectively deliver under pressure in an environment of rapid change and conflicting priorities
- Employ agile methodologies, project delivery skills to achieve high quality results
- Demonstrate strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex concepts to executives, business sponsors in clear concise manner
- Strong customer management, negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of a technology solution
- Ability to manage a budget effectively and have good contract management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 24/7/365
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 12 years, progressive managerial position
- Experience leading a large organization, with managerial reporting structure
- Strong understanding of middleware technologies including Java, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic, GemFire and/or related technologies
- Strong infrastructure (compute, network, storage) know-how and application development experience
- Strong understanding of information security, access management, SOX/Audit frameworks
- AWS services (Lambda, ElastiCache, EB)
- Working experience in financial services industry
- Strong relationship management skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.