North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida - North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , senior care , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain. Director of Labor and Delivery
Responsible for overall management of the day-to-day operation of the Clinical Unit. Specific responsibilities include: Performance Improvement; policies and procedures; staffing/productivity; program development; and nursing care for specific patient populations. Must work closely with staff, physicians, and others to ensure quality patient care. Guides the staff in the implementation of the nursing process and directs the cost effective allocation of resources.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Maintains current knowledge of health care trends and nursing practice.
- Makes rounds routinely with physicians.
- Uses ANSOS for staffing-related functions and works collaboratively with PCCS/staffing office coordinator to meet staffing needs.
- Serves as clinical consultant for staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and care in emergency situations.
- Contributes to the innovation of nursing practice and applies research findings as appropriate.
- Incorporates population specific national standards of nursing practice and care.
- Maintains patient care units that are consistently and aesthetically pleasing.
- Defines in writing the scope of services for the clinical unit.
- Reviews and makes recommendations, in writing, to the Chief Nursing Officer on an annual basis covering the following: Scope of care, Standards of Care and Standards of Practice
- Provides leadership and direction for staffing in accordance with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Assumes authority, accountability and responsibility for the formal and informal direction of others.
- Demonstrates the ability to create, initiate, and integrate new concepts and practices to improve nursing care and/or employee satisfaction.
BSN Required, MSN preferred EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
3 to 5 years of related experience to include leadership. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, communications, customer service and health care management. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
Registered Nurse (RN)