Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is recruiting for a Director, Oncology Training located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Oncology Training responsibilities will include:
- Lead vision for oncology (solid tumor/hematology) training for Medical Affairs.
- Develop and execute Medical Affairs hematology on-boarding and continuing education training curricula (clinical and non-clinical) along with developing and implementing best practices with innovative and impactful adult training/learning principles.
- To understand and have a working knowledge of the Janssen-relevant marketed and pipeline assets including respective disease states and therapeutic area landscapes.
- Serve as the lead contact with key internal colleagues (e.g., Sales Training, Global Medical Affairs) to share and leverage best practices and training materials as appropriate.
- Oversee direct report who is responsible for solid tumor portfolio.
- Set the vision for Medical Affairs oncology training, direct and implement short and long term plans for Janssen Medical Affairs hematology training.
- Includes experienced staff and new hire training, clinical and non-clinical curriculum development, such as soft skills training, relationship management, production of new material, and maintenance and updating of current training resources.
- The training audience includes Medical Affairs home office-based and Medical Affairs field- based team members.
- Lead a team responsible for the implementation of customized oncology clinical/non-clinical training for Medical Affairs for the entire portfolio of oncology products, including training on emerging new areas, e.g., real world evidence, new healthcare environment.
- Leading the development and maintenance of technical tools strategies utilized by the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) field organization:
- Includes identification of strategic opportunities for new enabling technologies and partnering with stakeholders, e.g.; Information Technology for their respective implementation
- Identify and deploy cutting edge/innovative/best adult learning principles for new hires and experienced staff (e.g., diverse delivery methods such as classroom/hands- on interactive, virtual, etc)
- Recruit, select and hire a qualified and diverse work force.
- Responsible for the management of direct reports including assessment of day-to-day functions, performance coaching discussion, career planning, and succession planning in support of staff reaching their highest potential.
- Provides an optimal working environment by promoting/functioning according to the credo value, communication of a clear direction, active listening, respecting diversity, encouraging collaborative partnership, empowering direct reports, follow up on commitments, promoting innovation, and rewarding high performance.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) is required.
- A PharmD or PhD is preferred.
- 8+ years of post-graduate experience preferably in Pharmaceutical or Biotech organization is required.
- Thorough oncology therapeutic area knowledge and understanding is highly preferred
- Proven experience in developing training curriculum and novel training approaches for a scientific organization is required.
- Proven leadership skills in supporting large cross functional groups is required.
- Position may require up to 10% travel.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Job Function