Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientific Director will lead the Prostate Cancer DAS Oncology Translational Research (OTR) team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to the Prostate DAS OTR team
- Manage a team of approximately 5 staff and contractors
- Collaborate effectively with the Prostate DAS and CDT leadership to design, prioritize, and implement translational research activities for all programs including other tumor adjacencies
- Manage the Prostate Translational Research budget and align priorities with DAS and CDT priorities
- Communicate Prostate (and adjacencies) Translational Research deliverables internally to senior management and externally to the scientific community
- Provide leadership in developing partnerships with biotech companies and academic groups to drive the prostate DAS Translational Research programs
- Support due diligence for all Prostate DAS business development opportunities
- Build and maintain the prostate translational research group by retaining the best current talent in the organization, and recruiting world-class talent from outside Janssen to fill current gaps
- Develop the scientific staff in the Prostate Translational Research team and proactively seek leadership opportunities for qualified staff in the drug development process
- Ph.D. or an M.D./Ph.D. in Oncology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with at least 8 years of biomarker, translational research and business experience is required
- At least 4 years of pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology experience is required
- Strong background in tumor biology is required
- Experience in prostate, gastrointestinal or similar cancers is preferred
- Experience in Immuno-Oncology is highly preferred
- Clinical biomarker experience is preferred
- Record of success in working with external collaborations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and/or public-private consortia is required
- Candidate must have a proven track record in leading a scientific team(s) with direct people management experience
- The candidate must have a strong publication record demonstrating relevant experience in clinical trials, translational medicine/research, early drug development, drug discovery and/or biomarkers
- Experience in drug discovery, early development and/or translational research is required as they will represent a diverse translational research group on a compound development team (CDT) and to communicate goals and deliverables to senior management and governance committees throughout J&J
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.