Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientific Director will serve multiple roles within the Oncology Hematology Disease Area Stronghold (DAS). As a Translational Research leader for specific programs, the Scientific Director will serve on Compound Development Teams (CDT) for the Oncology Translational Research group within the HemeDAS. In addition, he/she will lead multiple HemeDAS disease related internal/external projects to further scientific understanding of hematological malignancies. She/he will also guide development of new platforms/technologies that have applicability to oncology drug development within the HemeDAS indications. Finally, the Scientific Director will lead and manage a team of people to initiate, monitor, and deliver novel and innovative translational approaches within hematological malignancies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the translational strategy and implementation for one or more pipeline assets.
- Planning and execution of discovery and validation of predictive, prognostic, safety, and disease biomarkers
- Planning and managing a Translational research budget to support biomarker discovery and validation studies as well as supporting analysis of clinical samples
- Driving and leading the development of Companion Diagnostics in the cases where they are needed for clinical programs
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal functional groups, external academic research groups and CROS to facilitate the implementation of Translational Research strategies in Clinical trials.
- Leading collaborations and projects with external leaders in the hematology oncology field
- Managing a team of junior scientists, including biomarker leads for other programs and laboratory staff
- Regular reporting of biomarker data to the CDT and Oncology senior management.
- Responsibility for the biomarker sections in Clinical protocols, Investigator Brochures, Compound Development Plans generation of Clinical Study Report
- Managing the outstanding or in-house coordination of proposed analysis within clinical trials.
- Compliance and meeting projected timelines for project deliverables (e.g. protocol outlines, protocols, informed consent, strategy documents, analysis reports, etc.)
- Responsibility for resource planning for proposed projects.
- Ph.D. or an M.D./Ph.D. in Oncology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with at least 5 years of biomarker, translational research and business experience is required
- At least 3 years of pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology experience is required
- Strong background in tumor biology is required
- Experience in Hematology is preferred
- Experience in Immuno-Oncology is highly preferred
- Clinical biomarker experience is preferred
- Record of success in working with external collaborations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and/or public-private consortia is required
- Candidate must have a proven track record in leading a scientific team(s) with direct people management experience
- The candidate must have a strong publication record demonstrating relevant experience in clinical trials, translational medicine/research, early drug development, drug discovery and/or biomarkers
- Experience in drug discovery, early development and/or translational research is required as they will represent a diverse translational research group on a compound development team (CDT) and to communicate goals and deliverables to senior management and governance committees throughout J&J
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.