Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Integrated Process Team (IPT) Leader is the business unit manager for the IPT.
- Has accountability for the performance and operations of a small manufacturing segment with Plant Transfers to Inventory of $25 -$50M;
- May be assigned to an M3 if scope falls outside the above criteria if (1) Meets all core criteria for M3; and (2) Operates in an unusually complex business environment (significant regulatory complexity, multiple technology platforms, etc);
- Ensure that short term and long term IPT objectives are achieved while reliably supplying quality product at a competitive cost consistent with Merck, Regulatory Agency, and State and Local code requirements for quality, good manufacturing practices (GMP), equal employment opportunity, finances, labor, employee, environment and safety;
- Tactical and strategic motivation and direction to the cross-functional managing team of the IPT (Quality, Technology, Maintenance, Operations, Etc...);
- Promote the behaviors and principles that drive continuous improvement.
- Provides leadership to managers and/or individual contributors (professional employees);
- Accountable for the performance and results of multiple teams that are typically inter-related;
- Develops business plans, including financial, production and/or organizational priorities;
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and group or department objectives;
- Develops relationships with key clients and/or customers to identify emerging needs;
- Applies business and management expertise to set and achieve financial and operational objectives within a group or large department;
- Resolves complex technical, operational and financial problems;
- Develops priorities and objectives for multiple units to align with division scorecard;
- Provides input into financial profit plan and manages resources to ensure financial and operational objectives are met;
- Makes decisions - guided by the profit plan or budget - that impact support, re-sourcing and implementation of projects, products, services and/or technologies;
- Compliance - Responsible for creating and sustaining a culture that ensures that compliance (Safety, Environment, cGMP, etc.) are imperatives for the business. Responsible for establishing a Right First Time culture by reducing waste and constantly driving continuous improvement. Responsible to review and approve compliance documents, as per procedures or need.
- Supply - Lead IPT daily walkthrough. Exercise a high degree of independent judgment and decision making to ensure quality product is reliably produced while managing cost. Ensure reliable supply of product to both internal and external customers. Responsible for supply performance metrics (Schedule Adherence, Release on Time, Customer service performance, Product Lead Time, etc.). Provide purchasing and capital project approval (within Grant of Authority) for IPT.
- Continuous Improvement - Accountable for developing a Merck Production System (MPS) and continuous improvement culture while achieving MPS Targets and business results for the IPT. Develop strategic initiatives related to the manufacturing process, equipment and human resources in support of long range operating plans. Report IPT monthly metrics and any action plans to address gaps to the Site Leadership team. Accountable for implementation of corrective actions identified in Continuous Improvements Audits. Identify, prioritize, and champion improvement projects to improve process efficiency, cycle time, and yield, reduce process variability, and eliminate waste.
- Financial Stewardship - Responsible for development and management of the IPT operating budget as defined with the profit plan. Accountable for meeting the operating budget and continuously reducing cost. Ensure members of the IPT have high business acumen and understand how they may impact business finances.
- People Management - Responsible for creating and sustaining a highly engaged workforce through utilization of Merck Leadership Behaviors and Inclusion. Provide coaching on professional development and career paths. Provide timely feedback and performance evaluations for direct reports after obtaining the relevant input and evaluation. Provide feedback and input on performance evaluations for indirect IPT reports. Team with other members of the IPT and/or Site Leadership team to plan and implement talent management plans for the IPT and COE staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Science, Engineering or another technical field
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Nine (9) years' experience in more than one functional area, such as Operations, Quality, Technical Operations, Technology, Engineering, Maintenance, and/or Supply Chain
- Concurrently, four (4) years of line experience, with responsibility for direct and indirect reports
- Four (4) years' experience in relevant manufacturing or processing (aseptic/sterile, bulk, solid oral dosage, packaging, etc.)
- Minimum of two (2) different management pathway roles or experiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of High Performing Organization tools and methodology, includingMPS/lean processing
- Demonstrated ability to create an engaged workforce using Inclusion as the How
- Demonstrated experience of interacting with regulatory agencies via on-site inspections
- Demonstrated successes with Talent Management, reorganization and strategic initiatives
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement