Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The IPT Leader is the business unit manager for the Integrated Process Team (IPT), and represents the IPT on the BBM E2E Leadership Team for Bldg. 60/60A. The IPT Leader is accountable for achieving the process outcomes for the IPT. The IPT Leader provides tactical and strategic direction to the cross-functional team of the IPT (Quality, Technology, Maintenance, etc...), and promotes the behaviors and principles that drive continuous improvement. They ensure that short term and long term supply objectives are achieved while providing a compliant high quality product at the lowest cost consistent with Merck, Regulatory Agency, and State and Local code requirements for quality, equal employment opportunity, employee and environmental safety and health.
- Compliance - Accountable for compliance with Safety, Environmental, cGMP, Financial and Labor, regulations for processes associated with the IPT. Responsible for creating and sustaining a culture that ensures Safety and Compliance are imperatives for the business. Responsible for establishing a Right First Time culture by reducing waste and constantly driving continuous improvement.
- Supply - Lead IPT daily walk through. Ensure reliable supply of vaccines to both internal and external customers. Accountable for Schedule Adherence, Release on Time, and Customer service performance. Responsible for continuous reduction in product Lead Time. Provide purchasing approval (within Grant of Authority) for IPT. Develop strategic initiatives related to the manufacturing process, equipment and human resources in support of long range operating plans. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and decision making to ensure a high quality product is produced while maintaining cost.
- People Management - Responsible for creating and sustaining a highly engaged workforce through utilization of Inclusion. Act as a mentor for members of the IPT. Provide coaching on professional development and career pathing. Provide timely feedback and performance evaluations for direct reports after obtaining the relevant input and evaluation. Provide feedback and input on performance evaluations for dotted line reports, who are members of the IPT. Team with other members of the BBM E2E Leadership team to plan and implement talent management plans for IPT and the COE resources.
- Financial Stewardship- Responsible for development and management of the operating budget as defined with the profit plan. Accountable for meeting the operating budget and continuously reducing cost. Ensure members of the IPT have high business acumen and understand how they impact the cost and finances of the business.
- Continuous Improvement - Accountable for developing an MPS culture while achieving MPS Targets and business results for the IPT. Report monthly metrics and any action plans to address gaps for the IPT to the BBM E2E Leadership team. Accountable for implementation of corrective actions identified in Continuous Improvements Audits. Identify, prioritize, and champion improvement projects to improve process efficiency, cycle time, and yield, reduce process variability, and eliminate waste.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Science, Engineering.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Eight (8) years' experience in a functional area, such as Operations, Quality, Technical Operations, Engineering (Central, Chemical, Industrial, and/or Process), Production Planning, and/or New Products Planning .
- Three of (3) years direct management experience.
- Two (2) years' experience in sterile/aseptic processing.
- Five (5) years of operations line experience, with responsibility for direct and indirect reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Operational Excellence tools and methodology, including MPS/lean processing.
- Demonstrated ability to create an engaged workforce using Inclusion as the How.
- Demonstrated experience of interacting with regulatory agencies via on-site inspections.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement