Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Provides executive leadership to a major manufacturing / supply chain function supporting a large and complex business unit. May lead functional operations at multiple manufacturing sites. Establishes and monitors production using metrics/budgets through systems, and initiates appropriate corrective action as needed and based on results. Establishes and controls project schedules, timelines.
- Plans and evaluates optimal resource utilization and efficiency of operation to minimize costs and allow for on-time delivery of product to customers. Accurately establishes plant capacity.
- Directs, guides, monitors, and evaluates Operations Team personnel to accomplish specific production and supply chain goals consistent with established operational, housekeeping (5S), and safety procedures and processes. Engage in problem solving in complex situations and process improvements in streamlining work processes.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts and projects to refine production methods and processes to produce quality products that meet customer requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
- Identifies and pursues new technologies to improve production, increase efficiency and resource utilization and maximize profitability.
- Works closely with members of Senior and Executive Management to align overall operations development with business needs/opportunities. Promotes an environment of cooperation and trust.
- May provide ownership / leadership for a major divisional function, project, or program (i.e., Inventory Management, AMPS/Lean, Responsiveness / Agility). Provides leadership, guidance, mentorship, and personal development of his/her direct reports in the areas of daily operational management, systems development, and optimization.
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities. Drives Lean, Safety and Quality. Takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.