About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Order-to-Cash represents the key functions of Master Data, Order Management, Sales Deductions, and Revenue Process Management which are required for the company Consumer Healthcare to realize ~$2.2B in annual gross revenues. Based in Richmond, Virginia, the Director of Order-to-Cash is responsible for functional strategy, planning and execution.
S/he leads a group of 25-30 associates, 4-5 direct reports. This role collaborates with internal the company functions and external 3rd party service providers to develop strategies and executional plans to enable achievement of business growth strategy, customer sales and brand initiatives, promotional programs, display order forecasting & fulfillment, new product launch, Rx to OTC Switch, business and brand acquisition, product lifecycle management, and supply chain performance, improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
Key challenges for the position include managing and prioritizing diverse tasks and resources in a dynamic business environment, balancing customer service and cost to serve, influencing decisions outside of immediate span of control, and developing innovative order-to-cash approaches to support complex business requirements. The role will serve on the Richmond Site Leadership team. S/he will also be a member of the North America Customer Operations Leadership team which will lead strategy and execution to ensure availability of the company solutions to the North American consumer when, where, and how they want them.
The Director, Order-to-Cash, will be expected to:
• provide strategic direction and management oversight for US PCH sales order, deductions, master data, and revenue processes ensuring customer orders and deductions are processed, shipped, and invoiced in accordance with the company Corporate Audit standards, and that all processes and controls are documented and maintained in SOP format
• measure customer supply chain performance, document performance issues, and develop process improvements to drive performance improvement and order-to-cash management efficiency
• provide order-to-cash project management oversight for Rx to OTC switch and new item launch initiatives
• provide project management oversight for business or brand acquisition initiatives. This includes understanding the acquired business and brands, resource support model, customer base, requirements for order management integration, policy gaps and harmonization requirements, and other various tasks associated with integrating sales order management into the US PCH businesses
• collaborate with GFS, field sales, and other customer operations functions to determine and bring resolution to order-to-cash issues
• drive strategic decisions to improve and expand order-to-cash capabilities
• assure business unit objectives are achieved by working in teams in terms of financial, customer service and continuous improvement objectives
• provide leadership support for a team of direct reports, objectives and development plans along with formal and informal performance reviews
• develop capabilities of exempt and non-exempt staff to meet current business requirements
• lead Richmond Engagement leveraging the companyVoice feedback, 1x1s, small groups, and quarterly engagement sessions for Customer Operations functions in Richmond
• provide leadership support for a team of direct reports, objectives and development plans along with formal and informal performance reviews.
• develop service metrics and targets, managing performance to those metrics for all order-to-cash functions
• establish and improve business processes to help provide Key insights on how order-to-cash operational activities impact overall sales and the company business
• translates strategy into operational reality, breaks down strategies or business initiatives into key tasks and driving action
• Own business process improvements to progress "Easier to Get Things Done" and an "Own It Culture."
• BA/BS, MBA or Masters preferred
• 10+ years of experience in supply chain, operations, CPG business, including understanding of order-to-cash functions.
• 5+ years of managing people; experience leading large teams and managing managers a plus.
• Working knowledge of supply chain challenges/opportunities, logistics of shipments to customers and retail execution
• Demonstrated leadership in a large, highly matrixed organization strongly preferred
• Excellent organizational, collaboration, presentation, negotiation, communication and relationship skills
• Influencing without authority - able to engage, lead and influence outcomes through matrixed teams
• Experience prioritizing team workloads and reallocation of resources, often within very short lead times
• Highly collaborative, able to work well with teams
• Strong managerial courage to communicate unfavorable information (trends, LE reduction, quality concerns, etc.) in a professional and unbiased manner
• Track record of achievement in relationship management and influence with leadership and across multiple functional groups
• Track record of success and experience in driving operational performance
• Ability to communicate complex concepts simply across all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity, analytical, strategic capabilities and financial management
• Demonstrated enthusiasm, energy, confidence and strong communication skills
• Able to manage team dynamics and recognize when team interventions are required and how to enhance overall effectiveness
• Experience with SAP and Siebel applications a plus
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This role will require travel (15-20%)
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.