TH Real Estate, an operating division of Nuveen, is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with $103 billion in AUM. The firm was formed in 2013 when Nuveen partnered with Henderson Global Investors to launch a new global real estate investment management company, TH Real Estate. Managing a suite of nearly 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, the firm provides access to every aspect of real estate investing.
TH Real Estate is seeking a Director, Originations who will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and originating floating rate bridge loans on transitional/value-add and opportunistic assets.
- Structured finance including subordinate debt (mezzanine and B-notes).
- Senior / sub executions (including experience originating and leveraging through selling A-notes).
- Bank balance sheet lending (including construction lending).
- Senior fixed rate permanent core mortgage sourcing and originations.
This hire will be analytically strong with a solid commercial mortgage lending and finance background. He / she must have a command of real estate financial analysis, including Argus cash flow modeling and an understanding of capital markets. Additionally this person will be a solid critical thinker with impeccable communication skills. He / she will originate loans primarily in a specified geographic region, but may also be asked to assist in transactions in other regions as deemed necessary. This person should have existing relationships across the industry to leverage off of in order to be successful in this role.
Provide analysis for new investments, including discounted cash flows, financial and credit analyses of properties, locations, markets, borrowers and other due diligence.
Manage business relationships with borrowers and other direct deal sources, including other market participants with whom TH might participate in various “club-deal”, co-lending, and senior/subordinate structures.
Present transactions or holdings for review and approval to appropriate oversight committee.
Generate documentation including credit committee presentations, loan applications, commitments and other associated documents.
Actively lead the negotiation of transaction documentation for transactions.
Coordinate the investment process with Portfolio Management and monitor investment performance in order to makes portfolio recommendations.
- BA degree in Finance, Real Estate or Economics.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in commercial mortgage lending or related experience.
- Experience analyzing, sourcing and originating a variety of fixed and floating rate debt investments throughout the capital stack as described herein.
- Sufficient industry contacts among the borrower, brokerage, and lending community.
- MBA or CFA
- Strong financials and quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who is willing to work independently.
- Proficient in Argus, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well organized and able to balance multiple and diverse priorities while delivering quality productEqual Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.