Oversee and direct the OU Medical System new bed tower construction project from conception to completion, including associated activation planning. Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors including working with outside vendors (architects, planners, engineers and contractors, etc) internal stakeholders, (physicians, Leadership, staff, volunteers, etc) the public (Oklahoma State Department of Health, local jurisdiction, public bodies, neighborhood associations, patients, etc).
- Ensure compliance with building and safety regulations, quality construction standards, infection control procedure, and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables, estimate cost and achieve critical path timelines relative to the project schedule.
- Develop effective working relationships with key internal partners, including Facilities Management, IT&S, Purchasing and Finance, as well as Architect of Record, medical equipment, low voltage and information technology planners.
- Select tools, materials, equipment and track inventory and process.
- Review and report out the work progress on regular basis (regularly, ad hoc reporting to senior leadership, community, stakeholders, etc).
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risk.
- Manage quality control processes, including compliance with local and state codes.
- Provide oversight for all inspection processes and develop strong relationship with governing agencies.
- Ensure project stays on budget, on scope, and is completed in a timely manner with minimum disruption to patients and staff and prepare monthly progress reports.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Education:
- Performs other duties as assigned
B.S degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field. Experience:
10 years relevant experience in heavy construction, engineering and/or project management including proven experience in healthcare construction project management. Prefer s ignificant experience with hospital/academic medical center construction project management. Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:
Licensed architect/engineer or certified construction manager preferred. PMP certification desired. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods. Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulation and quality standards. Understanding of facets of construction process. Familiarity with construction management software packages and tools (including AutoCAD, construction project management software/tools). Ability to plan and see the "big picture". Competent in conflict and crisis management. Ability to manage budget process effectively addressing and managing potential change orders, changes to schedule, ect. Leadership and human resources management skills. Excellent time and project management skills. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), detail orientation, organizational, analytical, project management, customer service, multitasking required. Ability to work across various constituencies and vendors to ensure accountability and timeliness. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access and Excel required. Ability to analyze MEP drawings for efficiency and accuracy required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom