The Director of P&C Communications will create integrated marketing plans and initiatives, measurement, promotions, and communications targeted at employers who sponsor employee benefit plans, employees and intermediaries. The person selected for this role will analyze buying patterns, behavior and demographics of customers and prospects, and provide strategic insights about these segments to the business. The P&C Communications Director ensures marketing programs reach the target audience and creates marketing materials (collateral and appropriate sales/service tools), executes acquisition, cross-sell, retention and employee enrollment marketing programs; and utilizes Thought Leadership to create demand in the marketplace (including industry events at national and regional levels).
- Responsible for a customer segment area (e.g. employers, employees, intermediaries).
- Leads the strategy and marketing plan development for the segment.
- Analyzes internal and external research data, existing business and competitive intelligence to package and deliver profiles of the segment for use in planning, decision making and marketing campaign development.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of marketing activities with other areas of the organization. Full budgetary planning for assigned area.
- Extensive understanding of the organization's competitive landscape and strategies to develop customer intimacy across all segments.
- Full people management responsibilities including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience people management/leadership
- 3+ years of P&C experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and leadership competencies.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills. Able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously, establish and meet deadlines, coordinate activities with other departments, and perform job with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with group benefits
- Experience in marketing considered a plus
Americas - GVWB
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”