This role gives you the opportunity to shape the direction of Microsoft’s partner ecosystem in the Storage and Media space. Our team has a culture of growth and collaboration, making it a place where teams can learn and do their best work. In this role you will work with innovative Microsoft partners and manage a high energy team. The team you would manage is comprised of Partner Development Managers responsible for Microsoft’s technology and business alignment with a set of over 50 global Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). Your team will set the joint technical and business plans for these partners to secure the Microsoft cloud platform.
This critical role is a balance of 50% business development expertise backed with 50% product technology acumen and experience. The ability to manage a team is essential. This includes attracting and retaining talent, managing a team budget, running business reviews, and coaching/career development. This job entails evangelizing Microsoft cloud technologies and removing technical and business roadblocks as ISVs bring their products to market. You will interface with senior business decision makers and executives from our partners. Success is defined by how well your partners adopt/sell Microsoft technology and how satisfied they are with their relationship with Microsoft. A strong knowledge of sales, distribution channel, and marketing is required along with a strong knowledge of Enterprise IT solutions and cloud services. Ability to effectively present to a wide range and size of audiences from VPs of Sales/Marketing to CEO level is a must. This position requires a subject matter expertise for designing solutions, technology solution scoping, and issue resolution surrounding cloud computing and integration of other Microsoft and competitor technologies.
The preferred location for this position will be in Redmond, WA and will require travel (greater than 25%).
• Proven success with ISVs and end customers in evangelizing the Microsoft Platform, working knowledge of solution development practices and tactics for dealing with large sales and marketing teams.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in partner business development and/or partner technical evangelism Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
• Excellent understanding of Azure, especially in regard to Azure Storage and Azure Media Services. Knowledge of competing cloud platforms is helpful.
• Demonstrated experience and success engaging with senior executives in a consulting or evangelism process and working with leading consulting, systems integrator and major computer vendors
• Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required
• Candidate must possess exceptional demonstrated decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging trends as well as the impact of these on partners and customers.
• BS/BA degree
• MBA or master’s in computer science helpful.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.