DIRECTOR PATIENT ASSISTANCE OPERATIONS
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
Posted: December 20, 2016
Reference ID: 4038161215-en-us
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Director, Patient Assistance Operations to be located at the Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation (JJPAF) in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation (JJPAF) is a non-profit organization that is committed to helping patients get free prescription medications. Over the past 2 years, we have distributed 1.3 million units of medicine, helping over 220,000 people receive the medicines they need.
The Director, Patient Assistance Operations will develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities and will deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams. He/she will drive innovation, anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally and create an environment where leadership and talent is top priority.
• Responsible for the leadership and oversight of all day-to-day program operations.
Responsible for the implementation of patient assistance programs.
• Supports the foundations Strategy Director role on the JJPAF Board.
• Responsible to maintain and apply all current compliance guidance, legal and regulatory requirements (ie: HIPPA, HITECH, AE, PQC, IRS, HHS, CMS, OIG, FDA and DEA) to individual program management and audit processes.
• Lead team responsible for the daily activities surrounding the management of inventory ordering and distribution processes for ambient as well as cold chain products through multiple channels of distribution (ie: retail, SPP, Specialty Distributor).
• Manage vendors to ensure maximum operational efficiency, customer service and compliance, including but not limited to compliance with all relevant regulations and SOP’s and conduct as appropriate the corresponding vendor site visits and / or audits.
• Responsible for the negotiations and delivery of Master Service Level Agreements and contracts w/external service providers. Accountable for the multi-million dollar program operating budgets and responsible to the Foundation and donor companies to deliver patient centric, cost effective programs.
• Responsible for partnering with the Director, Patient Assistance Strategy in establishing operational strategies and delivering program enhancements and implementing future offerings.
• Direct responsibility for leading the team to include hiring, developing, training, and motivating members to achieve business and professional developmental goals and objectives.
• Coaches others in developing business cases and managing budgets.
• Encourages and leads others to find ways to continuously improve and develop new capabilities and approaches in anticipation of and response to change.
• Partnering with multiple business partners from diverse cross-section of donor organizations to ensure timely and efficient development and implementation of PAPs supporting new product launches.
• Analyze annual Customer Satisfaction Survey data and deliver recommendations for program changes to the JJPAF board.
• Actively participates and represents JJPAF to PhRMA PAP Board and industry sub-teams.
• Represents Foundation to internal and external stakeholders.
• Understand current patient and provider access experience across the JJPAF product portfolio to identify opportunities to streamline processes for optimal efficiency and effectiveness and partner with Strategy Director to assess appropriate solutions for implementation.
• Manage annual budget process and ensure investment necessary to achieve key priorities and identify cost savings through efficiencies.
• Provide key program data to support patient access insights and metrics to foundation leadership team and Director of Strategy.
• Seeks and integrates voice of customer into program process improvements.
• A minimum of a BS/BA Degree is required.
• Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
• Health care professional degree or certification (R.N., R.Ph., PA) is preferred.
• Minimum ten (10) plus years of Pharmaceutical management business experience in a leadership role preferably in a patient access service, customer service and / or operations area is required.
• Experience with vendor management including contract negotiations and experience and a proven track record for managing teams is required.
• Pharmaceutical or Medical Device work experience in a regulated or compliance focused area is required.
• Broad, in-depth knowledge of patient assistance program development and implementation is preferred.
• A proven record of leading and developing teams for maximum performance is preferred.
• Ability to think strategically and make sound decisions is preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge and current expertise of HIPAA, HCC, OIG, Medicare, and Medicaid laws is required.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills is preferred.
• Computer proficiency is required.
• General finance/budget management skills are required.
• Able to demonstrate excellent partnering skills and the ability to negotiate effectively is required.
• This role is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 20% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)