Director Patient Safety and Risk Management, Full Time
JFK Medical Center North Campus
West Palm Beach, FL Facility Description:
One family. Same exceptional care with access to a larger network of services. West Palm Hospital is now JFK Medical Center North Campus, an extension of your trusted JFK Medical Center family. By expanding our footprint, we are proud to offer you the best in comprehensive services and care.
Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK North Campus is a 245-bed acute care facility with over 40 years' experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes JFK North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
The hospital employs over 600 full and part-time employees and over 900 members on its medical staff. With our top-notch specialists, state-of-the-art equipment, highly skilled and compassionate caring staff, we are committed to delivering pleasant patient experiences and positive medical outcomes.
JFK North Campus is accredited by the Joint Commission and holds designation as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. JFK North Campus is proud to be named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees' commitment to clinical excellence.
JFK Medical Center North Campus is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
Reporting to the Vice President of Quality Management, the Director Patient Safety and Risk (DPS) is responsible for facilitating the transition from a retrospective, reactive model for risk management to a prospective, proactive loss prevention, harm reducing patient safety program. Responsibilities include:
- Advance Patient Safety through Systems Thinking and Design
- Identify and Mitigate Patient Safety Risk
- Increase Patient Safety Awareness and Practice among Clinicians and Staff through education and training
- Engage Executive and Clinical Leaders to support Patient Safety culture
- Identify Opportunities for Patient and Family Engagement in Patient Safety
- Search for more effective and effective processes to accomplish goals while reducing costs
- Track and trend patient outcomes; make recommendations and develop action programs to improve delivery of care
- Follow established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives
For additional information contact Jennifer.Bennett1@hcahealthcare.com .Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Clinical background, RN preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- LHRM required; CPHRM, CPPS must have within first year of hire
- 5 years healthcare experience with a focus in advanced nursing
- 3 years in Risk Management, Quality in an acute care environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills; familiarity with statistical and/or actuarial methods
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated spreadsheet and database competency
- Previous management experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom