**Please note, this role can be filled on a remote basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply.**
Overview of the Position
Based in Hartford, CT, The Hartford Financial Services Group is seeking a Director of Performance Analytics to support Claims Monitoring and Claims Strategy. As a Leader in the Claim Performance Analytics team, this position will work closely with Claim's Leadership and Executive Leadership to create innovative monitoring metrics and strategies across Worker Compensation and Group Benefits.
The role will be highly visible, responsible for presenting Claims Monitoring results and actionable insights to the Senor Leadership team on a monthly cadence, and the creation of the Purple Book (claim monitoring 'book' provided to the President and CEO). The role will also be responsible for development of metrics used to quantify the benefits of various claim strategies.
This role includes the direct management responsibilities of two to four data engineers and performance analytic consultants with specific line of business alignment. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Experience & Skills
- Oversee development of Advanced Claims monitoring metrics
- Proven ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Deep dive analysis into emerging trends and root cause analysis, explaining results and recommendations to Senor Claims Leadership
- Development of Claim strategies to improve operational results and address emerging trends
- Ownership of metric definitions
- Oversight of Process Ownership
- Will include direct management responsibilities
Behaviors at the Hartford
- A minimum of five years of experience in a quantitative research function in Insurance or Financial Services or related field, strong knowledge of processes and data. A minimum of two years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Quantitative Economics, or equivalent/related degree preferred.
- Documented track record of creating innovative data solutions; passion for delivering outcomes
- Demonstrated strong data analytic skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships (essential to success for this role)
- Ability to manage and manipulate large data sets (SQL experience preferred)
- Business Expertise of Worker Compensation is a plus
- Data Domain Expertise of Worker Compensation is a plus
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD