Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck's world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics. Located within the heart of the Bay area's biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck's powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery. At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
This position will support Merck's drug discovery and clinical development efforts in the Department of Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism.
- Primary role of the successful candidate is to lead and manage the Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion (ADME) group at the multi-disciplinary South San Francisco site, partnering with Discovery-facing disciplines to enable the invention of novel small molecule and peptide therapeutics.
- This support consists primarily of in silico, in vitro and in vivo characterization of chemical series and individual compounds towards the design and execution of Research Operating Plans and the progression of molecules through the discovery phases leading to Preclinical Candidates
- Expected to have a strong background in the ADME sciences as well as an excellent understanding of model-based and translational approaches and their application to drug discovery and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are mandatory.
- Proven track record of managing and developing PhD/MS/BS scientists is critical;
- Required: BS with a minimum of (14) years experience, MS with minimum of (12) years experience; PhD with a minimum of (8) years experience
- Strong scientific background in ADME sciences and excellent understanding of model-based translational approaches to drive discovery and development.
- Experience in both drug discovery and development and a demonstrated track record in advancing science.
- Proven track record of leading drug discovery and development by driving the advancement of new targets, designing program screening paradigms, and selecting and progressing molecules through the pipeline.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills; experience managing and developing PhD/MS/BS scientists.
- Use of modeling and in silico tools to drive discovery
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com .
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.