At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and programs across PHI’s four jurisdictions. Advise and counsel PHI senior executives with respect to major portfolio and region-specific communications projects strategies and tactics. Ensure high quality, effective communications for PHI, including business and strategic planning for complex company initiatives and campaigns spanning capital infrastructure projects, complex regulatory reform, rate case strategies, sustainability messaging and jurisdiction-specific efforts. These projects entail oversight of integrated communication plans which span internal, external, marketing, advertising and digital media. Serve as strategic program manager for critical initiatives leading a team of communications managers across spanning a broad portfolio of functional and regional priorities. Ensure alignment of work with Exelon and PHI vision and strategy and coordination within and across other Exelon utilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Lead the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and programs across PHI’s four jurisdictions, advising PHI senior executives with respect to major portfolio and region-specific communications projects strategies and tactics.
2 Ensure high quality, effective communications for PHI, including business and strategic planning for complex company initiatives and campaigns spanning capital infrastructure projects, complex regulatory reform, rate case strategies, sustainability messaging and jurisdiction-specific efforts.
3 Lead team of communications project managers spanning a broad portfolio of functional and regional priorities dedicated to strategic projects and regional jurisdictions including hiring, performance management, employee development, communication and recognition.
4 Serve as member of PHI Communications Leadership team working effectively across internal communications, media relations, advertising and marketing communications to ensure cohesive alignment of activities and resources and the execution of a holistic PHI Communications strategy.
5 Periodically represent VP of Corporate Communications with Senior Business Unit/Corporate leadership.
6 Lead Pan-PHI initiatives and represent PHI on cross-Exelon utilities projects and programs.
7 Oversee budget and agencies for integrated communications projects.
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
• 12 or more years of experience.
• 5 years in a senior leadership role.
• High degree of interpersonal skills and communication skills in working effectively with executives.
• High level of self-motivation and independence will be critical.
• Masters degree in related field.
• Professional accreditation (APR, ABC or equivalent).
• Utility or energy industry experience.
• Direct portfolio and regional communications function for PHI.
• Must work continuously, effectively and skillfully with PHI senior executives and other communications leaders and team members.
• High level of thought leadership and strategic thinking required.
• Responsible for measuring the effectiveness of communications; providing oversight and integrating company-wide communications.
• Oversee team that includes 2 managers, lead cross-functional project teams, and assign and manage external resources as required in support of the VP of Corporate Communications.
• Provide budgetary oversight for integrated communications programs and campaigns.
• Requires ability to travel.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster