Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, PMO Strategy & Innovation to be located in Raritan, NJ or Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The PMO Strategy and Innovation (PSI) Team is a high energy, results oriented team that has 2 separate, yet complimentary mandates that facilitate strategic decision making and foster exploration into new spaces of importance for the Janssen and Enterprise Project Management Organization (PMO). First, the PSI team assesses PMO, R&D and enterprise priorities and translates them into PMO strategic goals. Second, the PSI team works across teams and departments to define business needs, to bring in innovative capabilities from internal or external sources and to foster action internally by experimenting quickly and iterating. Recently the team has successfully applied this design approach to a number of diverse projects such as: analyzing the needs and piloting solutions for visualization of project and portfolio information, exploring new ways to create community and collaborate, providing novel strategies for talent development and bringing in and teaching new approaches to ideation and meeting management.
We are seeking a new team member with exceptional drive who can draw upon his/her strengths, experiences and knowledge to solve business problems. We work as an integrated team and our success is powered by our unwavering passion to improve the way the business works together.
The Director, PMO Strategy & Innovation will:
• Initiate, lead and facilitate strategy development with leaders and critical stakeholder in PMO, the broader R&D organization and the enterprise using a consultative and design approach, strong collaboration and critical thinking.
• Create engaging strategic communication tools to articulate organizational priorities that are integrated with the strategic planning process of the PMO and the broader R&D organization.
• Identify, critically evaluate and prioritize opportunities to unlock new ways to creatively and innovatively solve business problems that impact processes, capabilities and culture in order to provide our customers more value.
• Keep a broad, outward-looking view on options and opportunities
• Design and lead interactive workshops to address business critical questions that draw upon the diverse knowledge and expertise of participants.
• Lead innovation projects, using design thinking, by building strong relationships, harness the power of the global enterprise and deliver timely, clear and measurable value to the organization.
• Creatively brainstorm solutions by using internal and external concepts and ideas that can be applied to internal business opportunities.
• Develop frameworks, tools and tactical plans to test and evaluate ideas and solutions within an integrated, global team environment.
• Prototype solutions that address unmet organizational needs while engaging customers and business partners.
• Develop metrics to measure organizational value against the defined project outcomes.
• Take on general managerial tasks for the team, where appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this position:
• Has strong leadership skills including, strategic thinking, broad business consultant and enterprise mindset, big picture problem solving with attention to detail, and the ability to translate complex business issues into simple solutions.
• Demonstrates and applies strategic and design thinking frameworks and methods relevant to the business questions being addressed.
• Naturally pushes boundaries and acts as a change agent collaborating with and inspiring others. Proven record of working successfully across functional boundaries and management levels (including C-level) while creating lasting connections and networks.
• Gains empathy for customers by obtaining a deep knowledge of customer’s organization, business and needs. As a result of trust gained, has the ability to influence the customer’s direction and decisions based on earned respect, experience and knowledge.
• Has a high level of emotional intelligence allowing for negotiating and influencing at all levels of the organization, including during times of change or in sensitive situations.
• Has excellent presentation and communication skills with strong executive presence. Uses storytelling techniques to share new ideas, strategic objectives and outcomes with impact.
• Understands how to effectively identify and answer critical business questions based on strategic objectives or customer needs using analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Has strong organizational curiosity to challenge the status quo with willingness to try new, unproven ideas.
• Works independently, assumes responsibility for job development and training, researches and solves questions and problems. Avid, continuous learner with passion to gain new skills.
• Embodies the PMO Strategy & Innovation team’s core values of curiosity, positivity, rigor, humility, openness, teamwork and fun.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
• An advanced degree in business, life sciences, or related field is preferred
• Experience with project management tools and methodologies is preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in strategy development, business innovation, organizational design and improvement is required
• Healthcare industry experience is preferred
• Experience leading projects that increase business value by improving the way individuals and teams work and collaborate and/or changing the way the business is organized is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or other design software is preferred
• This position is located in Raritan, NJ or Titusville, NJ and will require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.